Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
VMI's tanks
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 05:58 PM UTC
When I was at the "I" we were blessed with 5 M-48a1's. the old gas burners. What a booger bear to start, you haven't seen anything till you've seen a dragon tail when you get one of these beasts to finaanlly fire off. Anyway, they were building I-64 west on what had been our training grounds. we still had a strip left about a half mile wide and a couple of miles long. JUst for fun one day, we charged up the berm with the tanks right to the border fence with the construction crews. It was pretty funny watching them fall all over themselves to get away from us. Unfortuneatly, the commandant didn't think it was so funny. We lost another 100 yards of width after that when they moved the fence down to the other side of the berm
Cokes
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 06:01 PM UTC
When did you graduate from VMI Blaster? What service?
1stsgt
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2003 - 09:02 AM UTC
That almost as funny as we put a full scale 6 pdr on a set of railroad tracks in Vicksburg Ms. The engineer claimed he filled his pants after we fired the cannon. The RR Co. was not in a good mood.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2003 - 07:32 PM UTC
I graduated in 1976 commisioned in what else Armor. If anyone has read any Harold Coyle books like Team Yankee or The 10, 000, he was 2 years ahead of me. He was the commander of the Tanker Platoon his senior year