_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Silentaire? Two Airbrushes at once?
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,846 Posts
KitMaker Network: 208 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 - 08:17 AM UTC
Wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I am about ready to buy a compressor for our VA Hobby Program and am trying to figure out if I get a silentaire compressor or something similarly quiet can I possibly run two AB's at once? or not? Cheers.
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 357 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 - 08:40 AM UTC
I would advise against it. The small compressors don't have enough juice to provide that kind of volume.

If sound is an issue, I would really look to setup a high pressure CO2 tank. Barring that, you need a BIG tank and a small compressor, which is likely something you'll have to cobble together yourself as typically the compressor size starts increasing as you increase the tank size.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 - 10:38 AM UTC
Get two air compressors.
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,186 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 03:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I am about ready to buy a compressor for our VA Hobby Program and am trying to figure out if I get a silentaire compressor or something similarly quiet can I possibly run two AB's at once? or not? Cheers.

When using two AB on a single small compressor, the pressure will pulsate on both AB because they will demand air at diferent intervals. this will le&ad to unregular airbrushing effects.

The best is, when silence is a must, to have several compressors. altrnative is to have a smaller garage compressor outside the room (noise) and to have a prressure reduction system for each individual airbrush, which will probably make it as expensive as two airbrushes
 _GOTOTOP