_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
How can I delete my account
Steelcl4d
Visit this Community
Barbados
entire network: 32 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 04:18 PM UTC
How can I delete my account on this network?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 04:53 PM UTC
The short answer is you can't but why would you want to? If you don't want to use the site just stop signing in or contact Jim S and see if he is willing to delete you from the database.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 01:37 PM UTC
While I am moving towards offering this ability in the future, most software or forums from the time this site was created do not (as a rule) offer this type of feature. Thus many of the side-effects of simply banning or removing a member from the database are not ideal for our software. So short answer is there is no simple way for me to do this.

On a side note we have taken extreme steps to remove all personal info from your public member pages. This means even your name only appears to signed in members and not to bots like Google, Yahoo, etc. Member pages are not even indexed by Google anymore.

We also do not engage in any third-party email sharing or any thing members would find objectionable to. We only email you when you ask for updates, topic updates, etc.

Thanks,
Jim
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 12:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

While I am moving towards offering this ability in the future, most software or forums from the time this site was created do not (as a rule) offer this type of feature. Thus many of the side-effects of simply banning or removing a member from the database are not ideal for our software. So short answer is there is no simple way for me to do this.

On a side note we have taken extreme steps to remove all personal info from your public member pages. This means even your name only appears to signed in members and not to bots like Google, Yahoo, etc. Member pages are not even indexed by Google anymore.

We also do not engage in any third-party email sharing or any thing members would find objectionable to. We only email you when you ask for updates, topic updates, etc.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim, can you simply ban him as a spammer? I'm am not aware of how the forum software works, but this seems plausible.
 _GOTOTOP