_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Missouri!
ashock91
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 08:10 AM UTC
Hey all. I just decided to get into serious modeling. I've done aircraft and armor before, but I was a young teenager and didn't care much about details. I'm a senior in college now and looking to become a competent modeler.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get the wheels turning, I'm all ears!
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 11:54 AM UTC
Hey, Aaron, welcome aboard. The easiest way is to jump in, buy lots of kits and spend lots of time on the forums. You might actually get around to building something. Ok, really, buy something you like, solicit information on build particulars, post photos of your work and use the search bar for specific topics like painting, weathering and the like. There are some very good build logs to follow as well. Have fun.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 10:42 PM UTC
Hi Aaron

My advice esp if you are on a budget is to start slowly. When I started, I only bought what I needed for the kit I was working on. Seemed like every kit needed a color of paint I didn't have, sometimes it still seems like that.. LOL

and don't be afraid to show your work. everyone starts somewhere and remember, You will prob be your own worst critic.

Delbert
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 11:57 AM UTC
Where are you at in Missouri?
 _GOTOTOP