_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
New Modeler
ashock91
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 08:03 AM UTC
Hey all,
I just got into modeling about a year ago, but I am now wanting to better my skills and make some realistic models (my previous models were rushed and looked unrealistic). I purchased Osprey's "Fine-Scale Armour Modeling" literature, but it is a little over my head.

I'm into armor modeling mostly. Does anyone have any suggestions on good beginner modeling literature?

Thanks.
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 10:03 AM UTC
There are many people here who will answer all of your questions just ask.there are also many tutorials on the site.if nobody has an answer we will gladly point you in the right direction.everything I know I learned here many years ago.welcome and sorry I didn't answer your question directly but the Internet has kinda killed books
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 3,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 209 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 11:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

but the Internet has kinda killed books

That's it
Regarding our hobby you can find far more info in internet than in the books!
Thanks to the video tutorials you can see in a better way how to do the things and here in the site you can ask for tips directly to a lot of skilled and kind guys!

Welcome and have a good modelling time!

Cheers

kobathedread
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 48 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 08:32 AM UTC
I've only been building again for just over 2 years and like the other guys have said read the forums here, they are a gold mine.

I also occasionally buy a mag like Scale military modeller if it has something good in there; it’s always handy to have some printed material on hand.

Also just take your time when building, prep before gluing pays huge dividends, remembers the next models are always the best build so far.

I have only built 7 models with 1 on the bench that I’m painting now in the last 2 years. I have to say that I’m only really happy with the last 2 I’ve made.
 _GOTOTOP