_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Pirate cutter (1/72nd)
PaulsBods
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
entire network: 522 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 03:10 AM UTC

Loads more pics, including build stages HERE
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,917 Posts
KitMaker Network: 133 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 05:08 AM UTC
That's a pretty cool build. Well done! I like it a lot.
-Sean H.
DUKWsinarow
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 03:59 PM UTC
Paul,

Your pirate ship looks awesome, though I’m not sure how it fits in with model railroading…

I’m actually about to start a model of a 1/64 pirate ship to go along with my S-scale (1:64 scale) model train railbarge operation.

I’ve recently begun construction of a model of the railbarge facility at Valdez, Alaska and already have 1/64 and 1/72 railbarges and tugs with function as RC models as well as part of my model train layout.

I picked up a model of a 1:64 Japanese squid fishing boat, not knowing what to do with it, and, after seeing pictures of very similar looking Somali Pirate ‘motherships’, have decided to transform it into an RC pirate ship to operate alongside my RC tugs and railbarges.

Here’s the model of the squidfishing boat I’m going to use;

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS05030

Followed by the prototype pirate ships;

Once I complete this model, I’m going to have to attempt to build a US Navy Mk. 5 Special Operations Craft so that I can pursue the pirates…
PaulsBods
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
entire network: 522 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 - 01:38 AM UTC
Thanks

Quoted Text

Paul,

Your pirate ship looks awesome, though I’m not sure how it fits in with model railroading…

Not sure ..I posted it in the Scratchbuild section..maybe it cross posts to other forums ?
Anyway..I like the idea of making an RC modern pirate ship...it´s got me thinking about using an old ship model I´ve got. It´s a toy boat but it floats and with conversion, re-paint and a motor.. could be fun.
 _GOTOTOP