AMPS Show Set Up – Volunteers Needed
Tankrider
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 1,280 Posts
KitMaker Network: 74 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 06:52 AM UTC
Armorama Team,
The Armor Modeling and Preservation Society needs your help to set up the convention site for the International Convention that will start at 6:00pm on Thursday, 26 April. In order to get all of the pieces, parts, tables and chairs in the right place, I will need about 25-30 early arriving show attendees to donate some time and muscle power to set up tables, chairs, and the rest of the equipment to get the Show ready for prime time.

Here is the info:
Location: National Military History Center/ World War II Victory Museum
5634 CR 11-A, Auburn, Indiana 46706, (260) 927-9144

Directions: Exit 126 off Interstate 69, then turn west on County Road 11-A for approximately 1 km - turn right onto the second driveway on the north side to the museum.

Time: Approximately 8:30AM – until we are done

Equipment needed: none, although work clothes and possibly gloves are probably in order. If you are a longtime AMPS member, Mr. Mark Corbett, the AMPS Secretary, threw down the gauntlet to see who has the oldest AMPS show t-shirt in wearable shape. No prizes as of now, just bragging rights.

Note: If you can’t be there early, please stop by and see if you can lend a hand. I would also like to be able to offer assistance in helping our vendors get their wares moved into the vendor tables, which starts at 1:00PM.

We will periodically asking for assistance throughout the show for assistance in judging, running models and other administrative tasks, so if you can’t make it in on Thursday, then you can volunteer during and after the show as Saturday night before the beverages flow and the stories are told, we need to tear it all back down…

I hope to see you all next Thursday. Only 11 days left until the biggest Armor-only model show in the Western Hemisphere…

John Charvat
AMPS 2012 International Convention Show Chair
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 02:12 PM UTC
John I'll be on the road around 8-8:30am Thursday and arrive around 4-5pm...I'll look for you to see if I can lend a hand.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
Tankrider
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 1,280 Posts
KitMaker Network: 74 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 10:50 PM UTC
Thanks Joe,
Look for the obnoxious guy with the shaved head. Well, you will either get me or the Chief Judge, Pete Gay... Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your works of art in styrene.

John
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 - 05:13 AM UTC
Hi,
I expect to arrive in Auburn approximately 18:00 on Thursday.
See ya then.
milvehfan
 _GOTOTOP