TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
countdown to Return of the King
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 12:51 PM UTC
Counting the days!!! Opens a week late here though because the Manila Film Fest runs through the second half of December.

We watched The Fellowship and Two Towers at midnight because we wanted to avoid the long queues. It's very possible that we'll be watching The Return of the King also at midnight. It's well worth the wait!
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,667 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 03:12 PM UTC
Personally i can't wait til it comes out on DVD
regards
Pete
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 08:07 AM UTC
Can't wait to see it. The other two were gems!! Reminds me of my teenage D&D days.

HastyP
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 04:38 PM UTC
Anyone of you seen the trailer already? It's MAH'VELOUS! :-) Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait Can't wait!!!! #:-)

Download the trailer at www.lordoftherings.net. I can't wait to see cute and fuzzy Shelob. #:-) And of course Eowynnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........................... ahhhh.......... that be a fine fine fine lady indeed.............
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 05:18 PM UTC
you guys remind me of the nerds that were counting down the minutes to episode 1 of Star Bores. Me, I'll wait till the whole thing comes out on dvd. Me, I'm looking forward to the Alamo, but then if you aren't from Texas, you wouldn't understand. I think the only movie I got all juiced up about was Pearl Harbor and we all know what a major disappointment that turned out to be.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2003 - 06:56 AM UTC
Im sharpenig me sword and polishing me ring (maybe id better rephrase that) cant wait, i know this is heresy but has anyone read Bored of the Ring by Harvard Lampoon, a little gem never laughed so much in my life.
newtothegame
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 588 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2003 - 06:53 AM UTC
I too am excited for Return of the King. I'm hoping that the movie Faramir turns out to be a little more like the book Faramir in this one, but I understand when making a movie you can't please everyone.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2003 - 07:37 AM UTC
Blaster, I saw something about an Alamo movie when we saw Brother Bear. It wasn't a trailer, just something they were showing on the TVs in the lobby. I wouldn't count on it TOO much though, like you said after Pearl Harbor I can't trust Hollywood to do ANYTHING right by an historical event. With the Alamo it could be even worse, they could make it PC and really ruin it.

I want to see Return of the King but I'm not nuts about it. I'll wait until it dies down a little. So many movies coming out this season the family wants to see, Cat in the Hat, Radio, Master and Commander, (that one is for me) I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 06:32 AM UTC
Oh god, more tv news images of saddos dressed up as Aragorn in the foyers of movie theaters. Can't bloody wait..... Apart from that somewhat cynical comment I will be looking forward to it on DVD. I did enjoy the first two parts.... If only the nerds would stop living their lives through it....Jim (++) (being a pig, is real life....)
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 1,432 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 06:45 AM UTC
wo0oh0o0000000000
cant wait cant wait cant wait

the day we are going....
we are first gonna watch part one and two

to get in the mood

wo0oh0o0oooooooooooooooo

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 09:43 AM UTC
I'm going to wait for the whole thing to come out in a cheapo DVD set. I saw the first one and actually enjoyed the story. Haven't seen the second one so I can sure wait for this one.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 10:38 PM UTC
As I am very interested in seeing the movie, I was simply commenting that I want to see that, not a load of nerds who treat it like it is some religious life-affirming experience. I don't know how many of you have been to SF conventions to find that they had been hijacked by Trekkies (and I don't mean those who like Star-Trek as I do). Nothing more tiresome than sitting in a movie theater and sitting beside Vulcans with terminal acne... Unfortunately every new movie seems to be dominated by idiots who have to turn it into a celebration of their own sadness... Where do these people go between movie premiers) Jim
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 02:32 AM UTC
JIM,
I aggree about saddo's spoilling the movie for people whilst I was in 1 GS regt in Germany we had a lad from a different Sqn live in our block he was into si-fi big time no
probs with that except that he stole my mates ex-rental copy of star wars why.......because
he haddn't seen the one with trailers for years bearing in mind the trailers were for other films not connected with star wars #:-) and his Sqn (43) used to go on block leave which ment at they all went on leave on set dates of the year apart from him as the unit gave into him so he could go to si-fi connferences in the UK oh and he used to sit and make up words for the klingon dictionary! now that is sad! after seeing the way he acted and stuff put me right off si-fi although I'll watch the LOTHR
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 03:30 AM UTC
While I don't dress up as any characters in the movie, I am very excited to see this movie. All that has been put out in the past few years has been crap. So let people revel in the knowledge that they are going to be treated to a gem of a movie. Besides, everybody needs some escapism.

And careful with the bashing of Trekkies and what-not. There's a large contigent of people out there who believe grown men who spend hundreds of dollars on little plastic models are the biggest nerds in the world.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 06:48 AM UTC
Who's bashing? In fact yesterday i bought part 1 of LOTR on DVD...a snip at 12 euros (around $12 or 8 pounds).... I'm looking for a similar price on part 2...Jim