_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello
WuZhuiQiu
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2012 - 12:40 PM UTC
Although my handle may look like that of a SPAMmer, I've actually been acquiring kits for years, with miniature gaming in mind. Note that I didn't write "building", because I'd like to set up a permanent working space first. I used to build models when I was much younger, but then stopped for quite a few years.

As a gamer, my intended modelling goals are fairly modest. I'm not looking to enter any competitions, but would at least like to get the historical details right. At the same time, there is a compromise between detail and usability - there is no point in getting too detailed if that detail is easily broken or can get in the way of separate miniature crew.

I'm also under a lot of spousal pressure to downsize my (unassembled) collection, which I also realize I am unlikely ever to complete. So, you may see some occasional ads. from me in the selling/trading forum.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2012 - 01:01 PM UTC
Welcome aboard, and yes it is always a "negotiation" when it comes to men's hobbies. We have an understandment, I stay out of her hair and don't spend every night in the pub, and I build models....LOL
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2012 - 02:42 PM UTC
Hi Peter, and welcome to Kitmaker.

Quoted Text

Welcome aboard, and yes it is always a "negotiation" when it comes to men's hobbies. We have an understandment, I stay out of her hair and don't spend every night in the pub, and I build models....LOL

My "understandment" with the leader of the opposition is similar, she puts Glee or Desperate Housewives or any other tripe on the TV, I'm outta there and at the workbench in about 3 seconds flat !

Cheers, D
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,917 Posts
KitMaker Network: 133 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 02:00 AM UTC
Ha ha, Damian, well put. Same in my house.
Welcome, Peter! I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have been.
-Sean H.
 _GOTOTOP