_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
New Found Pick/Probe
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2002 - 02:52 AM UTC
I was picking up some toothpaste at our local Target and saw that you can purchase dental picks, mirrors, and probes etc. They had a variety of different shapes and sizes and quantities. Prices were reasonable, $3 - 5 USD.
Uses are endless on these guys, seem/flash scrapers, glue applicators, hole diggers etc. Just use your imagination.
Doppler
Visit this Community
entire network: 58 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2002 - 07:24 PM UTC
I discovered that using the dental picks, ie. the small wedge shaped plastic sticks that you are supposed to shove between your teeth to clean, are very useful for applying CA glue in small doses. Like for hand rails for pitot tubes.

I make a small pool of glue and use a pick to apply the glue. Sort of like painting. But I guess a toothpick could do the same thing.

It's a better use for those torture devices than picking you teeth especially when you have an entire box laying around unused.

Lucas Freeman
Brunswick, ME
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2002 - 08:49 PM UTC
My dentist gave me all the probes she wouldn't use cause they aren't sharp enough for dental purposes... I use that stuff for some time now (for modeling, of course #:-) ), and I must say it serves me great. As you have stated those torture devices have a better use...

Mario M.

TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2002 - 10:04 PM UTC
Great suggestion Slodder, I've been using them for a number of years. In fact I'm still using the ones I originally got from my dentist long ago.

Tread.
 _GOTOTOP