Local, Regional, or International.
BuffCon 29 Model Show and Contest
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 02:56 PM UTC
BuffCon is one of the largest one day model show and contest. Not only that there will be plenty of vendors on hand to give you that bargain model you had your eye on for some time.

Where you ask…well here!

BuffCon 29 Model Show
Sunday, April 15, 2012
Knights of Columbus Club
2735 Union Road at William St.
Cheektowaga, (Buffalo) NY
9am - 4pm

While you wait be sure you get your raffle tickets and sit in on the free demos, click on link for show information.

BuffCon 29 Model Show

Happy Modeling,
Joe

mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2012 - 05:24 PM UTC
Just one week to BuffCon 2012, post here if you're planning on attending and or entering.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 2,847 Posts
KitMaker Network: 31 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 03:41 AM UTC
Hey Joe!

I was talking to a member of the local IPMS Club (Niagara Region, Ontario) and he mentioned that their regular meeting this Sunday (15th) has been rescheduled due to too many members intending to attend and enter the Buffalo show. He also mentioned that their president had mentioned that members from the Toronto and Hamilton clubs also intend to attend. Sounds like southern Ontario will be well represented.

The fellow is not a member of Armorama but visits quite regularly and saw this post by you. He asked me if I might inquire how the BuffCon Out of Box category works? Specifically, does one enter a model in an appropriate category and then also check the Out of Box section of the entry form. Will the model then be judged in both categories? Any other particulars on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan

PS- I will also try to arrange to attend if possible.
heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 65 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 11:49 AM UTC
All packed up and ready to go!!!! Guys, if ya haven't attended a show, this is the one to check out. Great group of builders..excellent vendor area, and just plain fun!

about the OOB category..there is a separate class just for this group. The gentlemn at the front door will help answer any questions , and clarify the entry form. If your friend enters the OOB category..be sure they bring the instructions w/ the kit. hope that helps!
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 03:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The fellow is not a member of Armorama but visits quite regularly and saw this post by you. He asked me if I might inquire how the BuffCon Out of Box category works? Specifically, does one enter a model in an appropriate category and then also check the Out of Box section of the entry form. Will the model then be judged in both categories? Any other particulars on this subject would be appreciated.

Well Jan it works like this...
1) Aircraft, Out Of Box- All Aircraft-All Scales.

2) Military Vehicles,Out Of Box- All Military Vehicles-All Scales.

3) Automotive,Out Of Box- All Automotive-All Scales.

4) Ships,Out Of Box- All Ships-All Scales.

There are no out of box categories in the following,
Figures..Sci Fi..Dioramas..Miscellaneous.

So basically if you entry lest say a 1/25th car in out of box, you will be judged along with someone entering a 1/16 scale car in out of box. The same applies for the other categories.

From the Contest Rules,

Quoted Text

Out Of Box entries (including “Hi-Tech’ kits) are to be constructed from the contents of the kit per the kit instructions, with the following exceptions: you MAY fill seams; sand of rivets and panel lines; restore lost surface detail; drill out guns, exhausts or other appropriate openings; thin edges; add rigging, antennas and simple tape or decals seat belts; and choose alternate color schemes and decals. Weathering is permitted. You MAY NOT make or replace any part; add details; or separate such as doors, canopies, surfaces or hatches; except as listed above. THE KIT INSTRUCTIONS SHEET MUST BE DISPLAYED WITH YOUR ENTRY.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 2,847 Posts
KitMaker Network: 31 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 - 08:39 AM UTC
@heliman - Thanks for the thoughts but the fellow didn't want to wait to ask at the door and that's why I inquired in this thread. He's like me and wants to know the ins and outs before and prepare accordingly.

@mother - Joe,

Thanks for the info and I've passed it along to the inquirer and he in turn passed it to others in the club. I'd still like to attend and take some pictures but we'll see. I've only been to two Hamilton shows so this would be different.

Thanks,
Jan
heliman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 65 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 - 10:17 AM UTC
Wow, what a great turnout this year for the event!!! The rain didn't dampen the excitement, and the models were fantastic.

Thanks Joe for your seminar on weathering..too bad you couldn't have used your airbrush! Congrats on your Husky too!!!

Hope to see everyone again next year!!
 _GOTOTOP