AMPS 2012 Judging Info
Saber7
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 46 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 11:54 AM UTC
Looking for a Lot of Good Modelers
Last year, we had an overwhelming response from volunteers to judge at the 2011 AMPS International Convention. Over 100 modelers offered their time to help judge. Again this year, I am looking for volunteers to participate as judges at the 2012 AMPS International Convention at the WWII Victory Museum in Auburn, IN 26-28 April 2012. This show brings out the best armor models and modelers and offers an armor focused vendor room that is the best of its kind in the United States.
It's no secret the AMPS judging system needs a large numbers of judges to evaluate the entries as the show is occurring. So, if you are visiting the convention for the first time or the seventeenth, I personally invite you to “donate” some of your time to be a judge. Your experiences at judging models ranging from beginner to advanced skill level will make you a better modeler. You will also leave the convention with a highly coveted AMPS Crew T-shirt, suitable for creating jealousy among your modeling buddies.
In order to participate as a volunteer judge, all you need to do is attend a judge’s training session conducted in the Seminar Room of the World War II Victory Museum on Friday, 27 April at 8:30 AM. The purpose of this training is to help judges become familiar with the AMPS judging process, sign up for shifts and perhaps the best of all, after the training session, get access to the vendor room an hour before the show opens to the public.
The AMPS judging system is a process which provides each modeler with a score as well as feedback from the four judges who evaluate the model. We try to make sure the comments are pertinent and valid in order to help modelers get better at their hobby. For those not able to attend the Friday judges meeting, let me know via e-mail and we can work out different arrangements.
This is a quick reminder that the 2012 International Show pre-registration ends on 15 April 2012. Pre-registration allows you to enter your models on Thursday night, 26 April 2012. So far, we have 245 models entered through pre-registration. This is roughly 150% of the amount from last year at this time. As a result, our first two-hour judging shift will start at 7:00 PM Thursday evening to support pre-registration. I’ll need at least 24 volunteer judges for this shift so please let me know if you can help us on 26 April 2012. To pre-register, check out registration link on the AMPS web-site today!
Also, for those who have judged before and want to take the next step towards the administrative side of judging, we will be conducting Judges Certification prior to the convention. The certification process will offer you an opportunity to take a closer look at the AMPS contest rules, the conduct of judging, and finish up with a critiqued judging session. We have space left in this certification class, so if you are interested in becoming a certified AMPS judge, contact Mike Petty at [email protected] or through the AMPS web-site at
http://www.amps-armor.org/ampssite/BBS/bbsPage.aspx?forum=42
with your AMPS experience level to secure a seat.
Please contact me at: pete.gay@*asterisk*gmail.com (Remove the asterisk) if you have any questions about judging.
Thanks and see y’all in a couple of weeks!!
Pete Gay
AMPS 2012 Show Chief Judge

milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2012 - 04:23 AM UTC
Hi, I will be available for 2 or 3 shifts. Will I still need to attend the training again, took the class at Auburm 2010.

See ya there, Thursday night,
milvehfan
 _GOTOTOP