_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Touch-N-Flow Applicators - For Newbies!
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
entire network: 1,083 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 06:55 AM UTC
This is a post for any BRAND NEW model makers out there. I had purchased a few of the title tools a month or so back, and had never bothered to use them. This morning, I had a case where I thought the needle nose of the applicator would be ideal. WOW! What an eye-opener, folks! I'd read about how it works, like varying how much cement goes where based on the angle you hold the applicator, and that capillary action draws the glue from the tip into narrow gaps between plastic pieces. I found out how absolutely true this is. Amazing! And easy to use, too. It won't take the place of other applicators, at least not for me, but it now has a place as a FABULOUS item in my toolbox. If you don't have one of these yet, do yourself a huge favor and get one!
ophelia53
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 254 Posts
KitMaker Network: 24 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 07:24 AM UTC
I liked mine, but I could never figure out how to clean the glue out of it so I could use it again. What's the trick to making it last forever? Or at least last more than 1 use.
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
entire network: 1,083 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 03:36 PM UTC
I sort of wondered about that too, until i watched a video and did some reading of reviews, and now having actually used it. The key is to 1) completely empty it after each use (let the glue empty into a paper towel or something similar) and 2) don't push the 'needle' end into the plastic, in a way that the melted plastic might clog the end. I understand that you can probably unclog it even under these 2 conditions by 'soaking' the applicator needle in glue to melt the clogs.
MikeM670
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 278 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 - 05:31 AM UTC
I have clogged the tip many times. I just put the applicator tip back into the glue bottle and gently blow into the pipe. That cleans it out fast.
 _GOTOTOP