_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
camers
usethermite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 252 Posts
KitMaker Network: 42 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 06:42 AM UTC
Howdy. I'm in the market for a camera since I plan on uploading some pics from time to time. Bare in mine I am a complete tyro when it comes to digital camers. My working budget is around $250. Any suggestions or comments?
Happy seam filling, JT
Jessie_C
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 6,965 Posts
KitMaker Network: 609 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 07:01 AM UTC
I bought a nice used Olympus for just a little more than $100.-
usethermite
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 07:34 AM UTC
Thanks, Jessica for your reply. But I was thinking more along the lines of a new camera with a warrenty- I just know I'll do something like drop the thing, and, well... Anyway, are any of the "pocket" cameras worth considering? Or do I need to to save a bit more and go with a SLR?
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1,138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 08:34 AM UTC
The Fuji Finepix line is quite nice, 12-14 megapixles depending on model, as well as good zoom, and "miniature" feature which is helpful in modelling. They go for around $200.For around $500 you could get a Canon Rebel but keep in mind you may have to buy additional lenses. the other option is the GoPro Hero 2 which shoots in HD, you can do ok close ups with it too....I have both the Finepix and Hero2, they are both fine cameras at great prices. The Go Pro2 has the additional benefit of being an HD video camera that you can take anywhere from driving, motorcycling, skydiving or scubadiving!
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1,138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 08:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks, Jessica for your reply. But I was thinking more along the lines of a new camera with a warrenty- I just know I'll do something like drop the thing, and, well... Anyway, are any of the "pocket" cameras worth considering? Or do I need to to save a bit more and go with a SLR?

...and the GoPro Hero2 has the additional benefit of being both shockproof and waterproof, ideal for buttetrfingers!
usethermite
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 09:21 AM UTC
Hi, neighbor! Thanks for the suggestions. I'm off to do some shopping- today is my only dayoff from work. Thanks again Jmarles.
JT
raypalmer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 100 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 01:15 PM UTC
Olympus PEN series 4/3rds dslr's are phenominal value. I got my pen1 for $299. Bit over budget for you but it's a good buy. They can be had for great prices regularly.
 _GOTOTOP