_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Western Regionals in Edmonton
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 848 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 04:50 PM UTC
The Western Regional is in Edmonton this year and I'm really looking forward to it. Its been a couple of years since I've been to a good show. I'm still unpacking the bench but think I may have a small vignette completed.

What is the Judging method at this show, is it Open or First, Second third etc.

Cheers

Ray
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 10:55 AM UTC
Hi Ray,
IPMS Edmonton is co-hosting this year, as you may know. If I remember correctly it's similar to IPMS rules (1st, 2nd, 3rd) but judges may award multiple medals if needed. I better find out for sure and let the guys know to put it on the web page.
Contest home

Jim
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:46 PM UTC
Thanks Jim

I checked the link and there was no mention of judging rules. I assumed it was open until a friend mentioned IPMS didn't do it that way. It's been awhile since I've seen the first second third etc. No big deal either way just looking forward to the show. I hear there is generally a good turnout.

Cheers

Ray
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 01:30 PM UTC
I've looked into it and it's 1st, 2nd, 3rd. (Gold, Silver, Bronze). The Show looks like it's going to be good - lots of sponsorship (especially if you're a car builder!) and anticipating a good turnout. There are some discussions going on which will be big news when announced; I can fill you in when I get the OK!

Jim
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 4,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 03:07 PM UTC
The Calgary based ALberta Military Modeller Show fellas are looking forward to attending and supporting the show.

Jim...I think I know what your "big news" is...it may have already been leaked in Cowtown....but Mums the word until you guys spill the official beans.
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 04:36 PM UTC
I'm looking forward to the shows here in Alberta, its been awhile. I got a few 120mm figures I will be bringing and hoping to have a small figure vignette done.

I havent had a chance to get out to the local club but hoping to get there next month.

Cheers

Ray
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 07:09 AM UTC
Update-it's official! See my post here .

Jim
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 01:44 PM UTC
The WCRMC just keeps getting better and better. Latest news is that Spencer Pollard (Editor of Military In Scale/Author) will be attending the show and putting on two presentations. Mark this one on your calendar!

Jim
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 02:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The WCRMC just keeps getting better and better. Latest news is that Spencer Pollard (Editor of Military In Scale/Author) will be attending the show and putting on two presentations. Mark this one on your calendar!

Jim

The British are coming! The British are coming! Sorry, couldn't resist. I hope Spence brings some Toad in a Hole!
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 05:02 AM UTC
I'm really looking forward to this, a good friend is coming out from Ontario to attend, we are taking the day Friday to go to the Museum of the Regiments then attending the show on Saturday.

I was putting together a vignette but just not going to have the time to to finish it. I will be taking some figures I already have done, just need to clean up some parts that didnt survive the move.

Cheers

Ray
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 03:49 AM UTC
The Museum is having a press conference Thursday morning - I'll be there (gulp!). Not exactly sure what 'press' is attending, but I'll find out I guess! Also the Friday before the show, Global will have their morning news 'out and about' person (Elaine Mansbridge?) doing a thing from the museum - other guys will be out for that. It will be good to see some figures there, we have some amazing figure modellers (Mark Hopkins, Glenn Hamilton among others) in AB hopefully you can meet up with them.

Jim
kobathedread
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 48 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 06:34 AM UTC
I've got the day booked off from work to drive myself and a buddy up from Calgary, cant wait as it was great in Nanton last year.
I'm going to be entering at least one model, although knowing the standard of the modelers I wont be coming home with any prizes.
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 08:35 AM UTC
I was just looking at some of the figures at last year's Edmonton Int AFV show, some real good talent there. Be great to meet the guys doing those.

Cheers

Ray
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 02:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The Museum is having a press conference Thursday morning - I'll be there (gulp!). Not exactly sure what 'press' is attending, but I'll find out I guess! Also the Friday before the show, Global will have their morning news 'out and about' person (Elaine Mansbridge?) doing a thing from the museum - other guys will be out for that. It will be good to see some figures there, we have some amazing figure modellers (Mark Hopkins, Glenn Hamilton among others) in AB hopefully you can meet up with them.

Jim

How did the press conference go Jim?
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2012 - 03:43 AM UTC
Well, a CBC guy showed up and a gal from City TV, took some video of some stuff we had brought out and interviewed Tom from the Museum and Jeff from our club. End result - CBC didn't air anything and City had a quick blurb which didn't really say much (typical TV editing). I think Tom will be doing something on the Global morning show tomorrow morning.

Jim
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2012 - 04:01 AM UTC
Welcome to the world of the media! Many a fine interviews and stories have hit the cutting room floor.
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 05:19 AM UTC
Some photos on the Journal site:
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Gallery+Western+Canadian+Regional+Model+Contest/6720960/story.html

Jim
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 - 03:41 PM UTC
I must say I really enjoyed the show. There was a lot of good models on the tables and great turnout. Looking forward to the Edmonton and Calgary Military modeling shows now in August and September

Cheers

Ray
 _GOTOTOP