_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: IPMS
Topics about IPMS (International Plastic Modeler's Society).
Question-where do your IPMS chapters meet?
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 11:09 PM UTC
I'm amember of the Dublin, Ireland Chapter and we meet in an artists collective but we are definitely the poor relation there and our March meeting has been cancelled to make room for a body painting group who don't want to share the space with us

So where do you guys hold your meetings?
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 - 03:22 PM UTC
Pat,
Our chapter meets the second Saturday of each month at 7:00 PM. The public library wouldn't let us hang out till 11, and my Veteran's halls wanted rent money. So, 5 of us who own houses rotate the meeting between us. This means no club dues, we bring beer and pretzels, and we never get bumped out. It works for us and we have the wives convinced we can't get into trouble this way, so it's a perfect plan!
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 - 09:51 PM UTC
Yeah it's the rent money here in Dublin that's a killer. Might try the public Library as we meet ojn a saturday morning.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 12:13 AM UTC
When we first orgamizzed, we met in the study room at a public library. We outgrew that room and moved to an Air National Guard base a town over. We tried using hte hall where we now have our contest, but were located downstairs and there'dbe events, like clog dancing, upstairs. Eventually, we were granted access to a classroom at the base hamngar at Westover Air Reserve base, but lost that with 9/11. A member's father owned a factory and we met in the cafeteria for a while. We now meet in one of two halls at a local church where a member is active. There is no formal rent, but we provide an annual gift for use of the hall.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 03:29 AM UTC
Im in 3 local modeling groups. 2 are IPMS groups and 1 is an AMPS group.

**the first IPMS group meets in the basement of a bank.

**the second group meets at the public library.

***the third group meets in a small room at a community center.
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 11:06 AM UTC
Brent, Sounds a lot like St. Louis. I used to drop in on the library group. THe other group used to meet in a hospital community room.

The Seattle IPMS meets in the Redmond Civic Center. It's a mufti-purpose building run by the city. I think that they rent, as there are ~$24/year dues.

North West Scale Modelers (an unaffiliated, unorganized body of modelers) has been meeting together for over 20 years. Our monthly meetings are at the Museum of Flight in south Seattle. We get the space for free (on Free First Thursdays). We do supply 4 quarterly displays of scale models on a aero history subject.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 11:47 AM UTC
I'm actually in Kansas City.

I'm in IPMS West Central Missouri (WCMO) and we meet at First Bank of Missouri in Gladstone.

I'm in IPMS Prison City in Leavenworth Kansas. We meet at the public library.

I get to KC AMPS when I can and they meet at the Matt Ross Community Center in Overland Park.

There is another local IPMS club (IPMS Great Plains)but I never seem to be in town for their meetings.

I hit any of them when I can.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 02:15 AM UTC
In the end the other group cancelled and we got the centre to ourselves but I'll bring up the possibility of using the public Library as venue in future.
tahnks for the suggestions
Cincojoe
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2012 - 11:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Pat,
Our chapter meets the second Saturday of each month at 7:00 PM. The public library wouldn't let us hang out till 11, and my Veteran's halls wanted rent money. So, 5 of us who own houses rotate the meeting between us. This means no club dues, we bring beer and pretzels, and we never get bumped out. It works for us and we have the wives convinced we can't get into trouble this way, so it's a perfect plan!

Sounds like my kinda of group
 _GOTOTOP