_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Why did I get 8-10 notifications of a post?
bwiber
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 436 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 10:22 AM UTC
I have gotten 8 or 10 email notifications of the same post to the topic Subject: Hispano Suiza 3T6. I have looked at them all and find that they all refer to the exact same post as they all are from the same member... can't imagine he posted that many copies of it.

I ended up unsubscribing and even then got another notification. Hopefully I won't be getting any more... and I sure hope it doesn't happen to any of the other .......

I just got another one.. and I am unsubscribed!!!

Notice is as follows...

A new post has been added to the topic Hispano Suiza 3T6 by Braille.

To view this topic, go to:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/185642&page=1

To unsubscribe from this forum, go to:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=topicsub&topic_id=185642.

Bob

I just noticed that the time stamps on the email messages are 10 minutes apart. If that is any help, and I am afraid it might be doing it with another topic but I am not totally sure about that.
Bob
bwiber
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 10:37 AM UTC
Ok, this is getting officially annoying.....

Now I have two topics doing it..... and one of them I have unsubscribed to. I am beginning to think that in order to keep my computer from filling up with duplicate messages that I am going to have to block all email from Armorama. Which I am sure you can understand I don't really care to do...

Bob
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 11:18 AM UTC
Hi Bob,
You won't get any messages after the last of any in the mail queue are sent. But keep in mind mail is delayed and not sent out immediately, so by unsubscribing to a very active topic you might see a few emails come in even after you unsubscribed (because they were made before you did and saved in our mail queue).

As for the actual problem you are seeing it may be that this user did get caught in some kind of loop where many emails were setup. This happens pretty rarely though unless someone is mucking up the system or we have a hacker abouts.

We are actually seeing an increase in hacking attempts today sadly.

Thanks,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 11:21 AM UTC
Sorry...scratch that. My fault I'm afraid. When I was trying to deal with the hacking earlier I changed a setting that stopped the system from deleting all the emails in the queue. Doh...

I will fix that now of course. All should return to normal. Sorry for all the extra mail for past few hours

Jim
bwiber
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 11:28 AM UTC
Jim,

Well, I can understand making a slip when working on something else... will remain calm on this end and let it play out.

Thanks for figuring it out... now I can go back to figuring out the next build.

Again thanks for the fix, and all the rest you do.
Bob
 _GOTOTOP