_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Campaign Proposal: ANZAC Day 2013
Janglais
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
entire network: 16 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 11:22 AM UTC
Hi All,

I originally posted a basic proposal on the AeroScale forums HERE, but it was suggested I post it in the Kitmaker-wide forums...

Anyway, I was wondering who would be interested in getting an ANZAC Campaign going some time later this year, so it would finish on ANZAC Day (April 25) 2013.

I'm thinking that the subjects could include:-

* Anything which served with Australian or New Zealand forces, past and present.

* Anything designed or built in Australia or New Zealand, but used by other nationalities (eg, CA-27 Sabres in Indonesian service; GAF Mirages in Pakistani service).

* Anything serving with another nationality stationed in Australia or New Zealand (eg, USAAF 49th Fighter Group P-40s).

* Anything which attacked Australian or New Zealand soil (eg, Japanese aircraft bombing Darwin; Midget submarines attacking Sydney).

For those who may not be aware, ANZAC Day (April 25) is the anniversary of Australian and New Zealand (and others) forces landing at Gallipoli in 1915. It is the day which is set aside to remember all those who have been killed in or died as a result of war.

I see there have been a few site specific Campaigns like this in the past (Amorama's Land Down Under; Ronnie RAAF etc), but I'd like to have this open to every type of vehicle etc.

Anyway, feel free to post ideas/comments etc.

Cheers,

Daniel

P.S. I have no idea about how to formally set up/create etc such a campaign, so any help there would be greatly appreciated
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 11:59 AM UTC
Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the site! The campaign sounds like a great idea, but you really ought to post it in the Campaigns forum. If you look in there you'll find some threads called Tutorials that help explain the process. Essentially you start with a post just like you have here, and wait for at least ten folks to say "I'd go for it", and then submit to proposal for formal acceptance. Set some rules & regs, such as "at least two in-progress shots uploaded, and at least one finished shot placed in Campaign gallery", and "all models must be started on or after XXX (date Campaign starts)" to avoid people entering stuff they've already built. Have a look at the rules on a few other campaigns to get the idea. Don't worry about ribbons or banners yet - there's plenty of time to deal with them later.

Hope this helps!

Tom
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 12:28 PM UTC
Dan, Also look at "Korea; The Forgotten War", Dangeroo, Stephan Halter (all my spellings are suspect). He did a cross site campaign, got a lot of armor and a few A/C I don't recall any ships. I was a member (got a ribbon and everything) and enjoyed the build and the history lessons.
Magpie
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 653 Posts
KitMaker Network: 140 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 01:39 PM UTC
Given that they mark the day as much as we do and they don't get a lot of campaigns how about including the Turkish fellas as well?
29Foxtrot
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 708 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 03:03 AM UTC
I'd join in on this campaign as I have a few ideas with subjects for this build, such as the DB7b {Boston III}, Kittyhawk, or Beaufighter aircraft or of the few RAAF pilots that flew in the Battle of Britian. The combat aircraft service options are endless.
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 584 Posts
KitMaker Network: 200 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 11:46 PM UTC

Daniel

Count me in - what for I am unsure yet. I have just acquired some decals for an RAAF Buffalo, and I have also just obtained on evilbay a Monogram 1/48 PBY5A and I have some interesting photos I would like to re-create from the Maintenance facility in Bowen Qld.

If you go "Kitmaker wide" then there could be a 25lber from the 6 Div Arty in either the Desert or New Guinea.

Darn - decisions decisions.....................

Brian
Janglais
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
entire network: 16 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 06:56 AM UTC
Sounds good to me. I visited Bowen back in 2001, so would love to see that recreated

I also like the idea of adding the Turkish into this.
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 1,732 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 07:02 AM UTC
Hi Daniel,
sounds like a good idea to me, as I've missed all other campaign dealing with this matter. I could join in this campaign if it's in the 2nd half of 2012 as I will build later this year the new quarterscale Revell Ventura in RNZAF markings. I could also offer an Aussie Spit ......
I will subscripe this thread and see how things go on here.

Happy modelling!
Torsten
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 07:46 AM UTC
Somewhere around here, I have a 1/72 Academy P-40N with Kiwi markings. Love to build it for this.
Hawkeye65
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 56 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 01:02 AM UTC
I have an Academy P-40N waiting in my Stack destined for an RAAF subject, as well as a couple of Spitfires, an old Airfix Spitfire Vc (Tropical) and the new Airfix Mk.IXc which will be converted to a VIIIc. And that's before I look for something modern to match them with. Count me in!
steph2102
Visit this Community
Isere, France
entire network: 735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 80 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 07:35 AM UTC
hello, count on me if I find enough info on the Dingo scout car.
steph
JClapp
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,265 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 08:28 AM UTC
the ANZAC did great work. I'd like to participate.
I have a Beaufighter Mk VIII that needs to be built.
 _GOTOTOP