_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Great price on Adobe software...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 08:14 AM UTC
I discovered an amazing deal today on Amazon. There are 2 rebates available for Adobe's Elements 1.0 bringing the cost from $95, all the way down to $25!!! The catch is one of the rebates requires purchase by May 26th, 2002. So if you need a good photo editing program I would act fast. I haven't used the new Elements version but it's basically a watered down version of Photoshop 6.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 1.0

Check this link on Amazon for more info.

Cheers,
Jim
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 09:29 AM UTC
Elements was created to compete with the much lower priced JASC Paint Shop Pro ($99). I hear that elements is a very good program.
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 382 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 10:46 AM UTC
I use Elements. It came as pre-loaded software on my new PC (Sony VAIO). I really like it, since it seems to do away with most of the 'graphics geek' stuff that is not usable by the unwashed masses (that would be us!). It does everything I have thought of that I would like to do. I recommend it is you need a photo editing program.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 11:34 PM UTC
Does it have the "Save for Web" output ability I wonder?

Jim
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 382 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2002 - 08:31 AM UTC
Jim,

Yes it does. All the photos you put in the Gallery for my were created from the original 3MB+ files I got from Walmart on CD. I was able to crop and re-size them, as well as 'save for Web' with program. I was also able to adjust the color and light values to give better views from some of the dark pics. It is really pretty easy to use, and has a lot of effects available if you want to play around with it. I have had no trouble, and am quite happy with the program.
 _GOTOTOP