_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Funny Modeling Incident
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2003 - 12:21 AM UTC
Last night when I was doing my Zimmerit, with Milliput, I had a glass of water next to where I was working. To keep the putty wet. And about 6 inches away from that was the glass of water that I was drinking.
This is at my grandparents house.

So I was working and after about five minutes I finished the Zimm on the side of the tank. Laid it down, and took a drink because I was thristy as hell.
As I had the glass to my lips I thought "gee this tastes chalky".

The I realized it. I grabbed the wrong glass! I spit the whole mouthful out onto the table, and yelled "shi*". Now my grandmother who is deeply religious, said "WHAT!", then I told her what happened! She started to laugh almost instantaniously.

It was a stupid move on my part, but it was somewhat funny!

~Chip #:-)
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2003 - 12:48 AM UTC
That's a good one..........I bet a few people have done it before as well.....(i guilty too) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 719 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2003 - 12:52 AM UTC
I took a swig of some rubbing alcohol once...... not even on purpose.

That'll pucker you up!

LOL... Chip - MMMMmmmmmmm chalky

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2003 - 01:08 AM UTC
I had a pattern maker working for me a few years ago putting wax fillets on a wooden master pattern. He had an alcohol lamp burning on his bench. I took a big swig of lacquer thinner by accident and immediately spit it out, right on the alcohol lamp. Lit his bench on fire...
Some days are just too much fun.

Shaun
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2003 - 01:20 AM UTC
Heheheeh, everyone of us has a funny experience too. We only need the guts to spit 'em out.
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 483 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2003 - 06:56 AM UTC
i used to stir my paint with the end of a bruch and usually i suck on the end of the brush when dry fitting and whatnot well anyway i didn't realized i had uses this brush to stir paint not but 5 minutes ago and i stuck the end in my mouth and thought hmm... was i drooling on this thing then i took it out and realized it was tamiya darkyellow.... very nasty indeed.. i won't share some other stories... too embarassing
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2003 - 07:12 AM UTC
i used to use a badger 200 airbrush with the jar on the bottom,and whilst cleaning it i used to blow down the jar tube,one day i picked it up and put my finger over the breather hole, as i blew in, it pressurised and the turps started to come up the tube,so what do you do? thats right, blow harder! needless to say i got a mouthful of turps, which was spat across the wall in front of me.i,ve never told anyone this until now and i feel like im on jerry springer!
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2003 - 09:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i,ve never told anyone this until now and i feel like im on jerry springer!

So your saying that you slept with her, while married to her, and fathered her child! -Jerry

Yeah, that little stunt that I pulled was one of the biggest idiot things to happen in my modeling career!

~Chip

Thanks for being honest, now I don't feel alone!
:-)
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 427 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 12:20 AM UTC
Last week, I received a bottle of railroad tie stain for the track part of my dio. Before I could build a base for the glass bottle to prevent my clumsy hands knocking it over, I knocked it over. It got the table, wall, reference pictures, etc.

While I didn't drink it, I did empty it before Icould use it. I decided to repaint the wall "Old Tie Stain" and say, "I did it on purpose". However, at least my dio was on the other side of the room. Lucky there. Oh yes, after carefully making a pattern of the rail section of my dio with a straight section and a curve, I place it in the dio and realized it was perfect... uh, perfectly a mirror image of where the curve had to go. I did it upside down!

Sealhead (Kansas Sunflower)
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 01:59 AM UTC
I was holding two parts together with one hand, held the CA glue with the other, and was going to open the bottle with my teeth. See where this is going? Anyway, CA glue does not have a taste, but it does make your tongue feel funny. We are professionals, do not try this at home.

Patrick
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 09:29 PM UTC
Funny one!
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 10:02 AM UTC
In my healthy past I was sitting reading a reference book,drinking cans of beer and smoking putting the butts in a empty can, engrossed in my book I took a swig from my ash tray spent the next hour with my head down the toilet calling for huey.I have given up smoking.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2003 - 10:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

drinking cans of beer and smoking putting the butts in a empty can, engrossed in my book I took a swig from my ash tray spent the next hour with my head down the toilet

Although not model related ..... I have had this pleasure (?) also. We were on a boat to Finland drinking cans of gin and tonic ........ one was getting used as the ash tray and yes you guessed it....... I had to drink from it. Dont hink I got sick but I had a funny taste for some time! UUUUUccch
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2003 - 05:33 PM UTC
Some months ago when just finished my Tamiya wwii bmw 1/35 super detailed and superweathered, i decided to use my vacuum cleaner to get from the bench all the cutted wood small pieces after cutting a piece for the dio base. By clamsy act the tube just sucked the bmw with a very nasty voice :"glourprghhhhhhhh" and me just standing there looking the "future" and hearing the roaring. after i stop the cleaner and open the bag i had a very well dusted BMW with some small pieces teared apart and 1-2 broken.just 3 more days of work to bring it all over.And of course the vc did not ever appear again in the modelling room..and a lot of other stories also of course...we should write a book all together, would't it be a best seller?
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 12:27 AM UTC
I think that that book would sell millions among us model builders. What more could a person ask for. A book of stupid escapades! I would buy it!

~Chip :-)
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 05:30 PM UTC
so maybe is a nice idea to set up a forum book like in here armorama and every one decribes his incidents and some of us older (i am 35 and modelling from my 13) have a lot of things to say that many of you will laugh till death. .then some illustrating and maki it an e- book if not printed. i believe it would be a mastercraft !!!!!!!!!!!
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 12:15 AM UTC
Major Goose, tell us another hilarious story. I am curious.

~Chip :-)
80a2
Visit this Community
Flevoland, Netherlands
entire network: 144 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 04:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Last night when I was doing my Zimmerit, with Milliput, I had a glass of water next to where I was working. To keep the putty wet. And about 6 inches away from that was the glass of water that I was drinking.
This is at my grandparents house.

So I was working and after about five minutes I finished the Zimm on the side of the tank. Laid it down, and took a drink because I was thristy as hell.
As I had the glass to my lips I thought "gee this tastes chalky".

The I realized it. I grabbed the wrong glass! I spit the whole mouthful out onto the table, and yelled "shi*". Now my grandmother who is deeply religious, said "WHAT!", then I told her what happened! She started to laugh almost instantaniously.

It was a stupid move on my part, but it was somewhat funny!

~Chip #:-)

This also happend to me, now a day's I have this children glas with snoopie the dog on it so I won't drink from it.... just think about somebody is seeing me drinking from that glas ..what a childisch boy #:-) #:-)
 _GOTOTOP