_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Pictures Upload???
Thundergrunt
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 657 Posts
KitMaker Network: 75 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 12:15 PM UTC
My profile has only 8 pictures I think and it says I am over the limit when I try to add 1 more. Is this normal because I am a fairly new member?? Also how do I delete some that are in there so I can add some for my completed build for a Campaign.

Thanks
Jessie_C
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 6,965 Posts
KitMaker Network: 609 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 12:35 PM UTC
The limit is a disk size limit, so if your images are large they'll take up all the room in your gallery even if there's only a few of them.

If you want to delete a picture, click on the "Edit photo" icon at the bottom of the page (circled in red):

This will take you to the editing page, where thre's a delete option:

Once you click that, your picture is gone, so be really certain you want it gone

To get the most out of your gallery, make sure your images are 1000 X 750 pixels or smaller. 800 X 600 works out well. That's the width I used for the images in this post (one's only 445 pixels tall because it's wider than it is tall to show the whole screen shot I took).
Thundergrunt
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 657 Posts
KitMaker Network: 75 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 01:35 PM UTC
Thanks again Jessie.
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 01:45 PM UTC
Using 800x600 I can get over 200 photos in my gralley , more then enough for a few projects .
usethermite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 252 Posts
KitMaker Network: 42 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 01:39 PM UTC
Hi, Jessie. I still haven't bought a camera yet so right now I'm using a pal's camera. It's a Cannon ELPH. My question is: how do I change the settings to produce a 800x600 photo? I've searched the camera"s settings and I've searched on my laptop (W7) also. I have a great image but it"s 4000x3000. Yikes! Can you help? Thanks. JT
Jessie_C
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 02:19 PM UTC
I use image processing software on my computer to do that. Sometimes the software that downloads the images from the camera can do cropping or resizing, or you can use a package like photoshop or paint.net to do the work. There should be a "resize" option in just about any image processing software package. I tend to crop the image down so that my subject fills the frame, and then resize that image so that my subject is the best resolution possible.
usethermite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 252 Posts
KitMaker Network: 42 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 02:43 PM UTC
Wow, Jessie, you're quick. Anyway, I called a friend and she directed me to download "Pixresizer". So I did. It really worked! I posted to the Small is Beautiful site to show what I plan to build. One sag: I couldn't highlight the img so I ended up sending a link. You can view it now at the Small site. What did I do wrong? You really are a treasure. You sure you don't use magic? Some of your builds are truely fine. Thanks, JT
Jessie_C
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 05:08 PM UTC
The way I capture a picture's link is to right click on it. You should see a menu pop up with "copy image location" somewhere about halfway down the list. Select that, and then when you're composing your post, click the {img} button on the bottom of the composing window. You should see this appear:{img}http://put.url.here/image.file{/img} (except with square brackets) Highlight and paste in your picture's link between your tags and your image will post.

I'm glad you like my builds, but compared to some of the modellers here I feel like I've been sticking lego together.
 _GOTOTOP