Shows and events in North America.
One Month to Valleycon 22 (Chicopee MA)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 04:58 AM UTC
We are now four weeks out from Valleycon 22, Wings & Wheels Modelers annual contest.

We feature Open Judging in figure, diorama, ship, Space/sci-fi/scratchbuilt/conversion, miscellaneous armor and junior categories. For those not familiar with this method, each item is judged on its own merits and the builder will be awarded a gold, silver or bronze award commensurate with his/her skill, regardless of what is in the class. Cars and planes will be judged in the standard IPMS style: first, second and third, in one on one competition. We also have 13 special awards sponsored by individual club members.

Due to increased demand, we have reconfigured the vendor room and adding several spaces and adding another 6 tables in the contest room for a total of 69 vendor tables. There are 27 vendors plus our club table. For a list of vendors and their websites, please click here.

This year, we will provide entrant who download and prefill their registration forms 5 free raffle tickets. The forms can be downloaded at this link..

The Knights of Columbus will again be providing an on-site lunch menu.

For those who need to travel, there are numerous hotels and motels in Chicopee and West Springfield, minutes from the venue. The site is convenient to I-90 (the Mass Pike), I-91 and I-391 in the shadow of Westover Air Reserve base.
scratchmod
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 - 11:24 AM UTC
Looking forward to it Al. Show be another great show.
tigermeet
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 99 Posts
KitMaker Network: 64 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 05:13 AM UTC
Sounds like a good show coming, if I were on the East Coast I'd be there !!! But I'm on the west coast so I'll go to Valley Con 2012 in Pasadena CA where we will institute the Open system for the first time in all categories.
Valley Con 2012 has been in existance since 1989 and we are 23 years old, about a year older than your show.
One day we should join forces in the midwest have one big Valley Con !!!
Though it's going to be 75-80 degrees here on show day !!!
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 59 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 07:00 AM UTC
I like the raffle ticket / pre-registration incentive. That should help some with registration, and I hope it works out for you.

If you get a chance, drop me a PM or email and tell me how effective it was. I'd be interested to know.

In the mean time, good luck with the show! Sounds like a good one!
knabria
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 03:09 AM UTC
I finally finished uploading these last night. Here are my photos from Sunday's contest.

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g171/knabria/ValleyCon%2022/?start=all
 _GOTOTOP