Shows and events in North America.
AMPS Central SC Contest - July 14, 2012
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 59 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 05:29 AM UTC

AMPS Central South Carolina "Wildcats" invites you to an armor-modeling show and contest.

Our next annual show will be held on Saturday, July 14, 2012, at the Gymnasium, 432 Ball Park Road, Lexington, SC. This venue is the same one we used last year and is just northwest of Columbia, SC and only a couple of miles north of interstate I-20.

Registration will open at 9:00 am and close at 1:30 pm, with the awards ceremony tentatively scheduled for 3:30 pm.

The contest will be organized and judging will be conducted according to the AMPS Contest Rules.

For anyone interested in becoming a certified AMPS judge, Mike Petty, AMPS Head Judge, has once again offered to conduct his judges' training and certification seminar. This is tentatively scheduled for the evening before the show, Friday, 13 July. Please contact us if you would like to attend.

This year's show theme is "Stranger in a Strange Land." Eligible models will be AFV's (and other AMPS qualifying subjects) that represent vehicles manufactured by one country, but used by the military forces of another. These can be Lend-Lease, Foreign Military Sales, commercial sales, donations, or captured vehicles.

For more information, show flyers, directions and other news, visit us on our web site www.ampscentralsouthcarolina.org .

Vendor tables are still available, and we welcome any donations for the raffle or trophy sponsorships. Sponsors and donors will be listed on our website along with their logos (if any) and business contact information (if desired). Contacts for vendor sales and sponsorships are listed on our website and contest flyers.

Hope to see y'all there!

Mike Roof
Chapter Contact
AMPS Central SC
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,980 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 03:00 PM UTC
This is coming up pretty quickly. It was a great show last year. Looking forward to attending again.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 - 02:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This is coming up pretty quickly. It was a great show last year. Looking forward to attending again.

Thanks, Bob! We'll be looking forward to seeing you and all of your buddies from Fayetteville way!

This year we have a surprise for all of our attendees - This year will be the first that we will be awarding our NEWLY COMMISSIONED AMPS Central SC bronze-silver-gold medals!

We're quite pround of these new medals. Not only are they unique in the AMPS-world, but they're sure to add a splash of color to the AMPS medal collection of anyone who earns one!

As a reminder, we only have about 5-6 AMPS vendor tables still left and there are only about 6-7 available trophy sponsorships remaining. So, if anyone is interested in possibly vending or if any clubs or individuals would like to sponsor an award, the clock is ticking! Please let us know ASAP so you don't miss out.

The latest up-dates about our show can be found on our club's website:

AMPS Central SC::Contest Page

Finally, for anyone who is intersted in the AMPS judging system and who would like to become AMPS Nationally Certified Judges, AMPS Chief Judge Mike Petty is scheduled to present his certification seminar on Friday, 13 July, early evening at the event venue.

For more information about this opportunity to become an AMPS National Certified Judge, please contact us at:

[email protected]

Happy modeling!
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 06:09 PM UTC
Just a final "nudge" as a reminder that this show is this coming Saturday.
dvarettoni
Visit this Community
entire network: 778 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 01:49 AM UTC
that right bob how you are coming
dave
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 07:56 AM UTC
I wanted to drive down Friday and attend the judging seminar. Unfortunately, I found out that I can't, so I'll be coming in Saturday morning instead. See you then.
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 858 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 08:13 AM UTC
we'll be there on Saturday too
dvarettoni
Visit this Community
entire network: 778 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 12:43 AM UTC
That great guy can't wait to see you all and bob don't worry you can still Jude on Saturday with out the class we can use the help
Dave
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 07:03 AM UTC
As long as it's not the early shift. The first hour or two that I'm there I plan on scouring the vendors tables!

Quoted Text

That great guy can't wait to see you all and bob don't worry you can still Jude on Saturday with out the class we can use the help
Dave

pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 357 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 07:56 AM UTC
See you guys tomorrow.
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 12:14 PM UTC
If any of you who don't know me want to say "hi", I'll be the short old guy with glasses and hair down to the middle of my back. Feel free to introduce yourselves. It'll be my pleasure to meet you in person.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 01:32 PM UTC
Well, Jose and I made it.
Set up--- had BBQ super, floppig at motel now.
See everyone in the morning.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 10:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, Jose and I made it.
Set up--- had BBQ super, floppig at motel now.
See everyone in the morning.

Dace!

It was nice to meet ya yesterday during the venue set-up. I didn't realize until I just read this that you were traveling with Jose!

Hope we get a chance to chat a bit today during the show.

See ya there and safe travels!
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 02:44 PM UTC
Another fine show! Thanks to all who were involved with it going off so smoothly.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 04:04 PM UTC
Great meeting all you guys in person.
Had a great time at the show.
God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there next year.
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 357 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 05:46 AM UTC
Definitely a fun show, and nice meeting Dave in person. He's not nearly as grumpy in person.
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 858 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 07:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Definitely a fun show, and nice meeting Dave in person. He's not nearly as grumpy in person.

I agree! and he looked just like I imagined..his avatar
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 10:52 AM UTC
Hey everybody!

A "big thanks" to everyone who came to our show! We really appreciate it, and hope that you all had good time.

From the vendors, to the attendees, to our friends at the South Carolina Modelers Association (SCMA) Mid-Lands Chapter (who've allowed us to come and play in their venue) and to everyone in between: we couldn't do it without you!

You folks make it all worthwhile.

We also want to say a big "thanks" to the guys who volunteered to judge and spend so much time and effort in the judging "pits"! The hard-working judges make AMPS shows what they are. They're the guys who do the real heavy lifting on show day, sacrificing their time to shop, browse, and visit so that they can give their fellow model builders all that great written feedback!

Please check back to our website often. We'll have this year's show results and photos posted up as soon as we can. When we get the details locked-in, we'll also have the information up for next year's show.

We hope that you all had smooth and trouble-free travels back to your home work benches and that you're all looking forward to your next builds and then bringing them to show us next year.

Until then, take care and happy modeling!
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 05:51 AM UTC
We'd like to thank all of the participants, vendors, trophy sponsors and raffle donors who helped make our Saturday, 14 July, 2012 show a great success!

In particular, this year our AMPS judges and volunteers did an outstanding job and really took the event to the next level. This we also had three new judges earn their "judging spurs" and coveted AMPS Certified Judge pins! Great work, guys!

You can find complete results and a full list of winners on our website:

AMPS Central SC :: Contest Page

Congratulations to all of the contest winners!

Please check back shortly as we'll have the contest photos up-loaded soon.

Thanks again and happy modeling!
 _GOTOTOP