TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Timeline (New Medieval Movie)
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 410 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 02:33 PM UTC
I read this book by Michael Crichton and now it's being made into a movie. Basically it's about these archeologists from the present who travel back in time to the 14th Century. The way Crichton did it in the novel seemed like a historical journey, so hopefully they'll stick with that and not turn this into something like a Knights Tale, or something hokey. It was a very good book and I would put it up there in my top five most favorite books. Also, he used quantum mechanics to explain the time travel, instead of just coming up with some flux capacitor thing :-) It seems more down to earth and realistic. Still out there as far as Sci-Fi goes, but a good story and a good book, and hopefully it’ll be a good movie. Anyway, here's the website where you can see the movie trailer. So far it looks really good.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 12:31 AM UTC
When is the release date on that? Or are they starting to film.

~Chip :-)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 04:31 AM UTC
Yes, this was a really interesting book. Didn't have the usual cunundrums (cunundra?) of fathering your own father/mentor (Terminator), affecting evolution (Ray Bradbury's classic story of hunting dinosaurs) or the goofiness of facing yourself (Bones of the Earth by Michael Swanick) at different points in time.
sphyrna
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 379 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 04:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ray Bradbury's classic story of hunting dinosaurs

...which story is this?

(hangs his head in shame as the Council of Seven cuts up his lifetime membership card to the Geekdom)

Peter
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 06:24 AM UTC
I just found it... A Sound of Thunder from 1952. I remeber seeing this illustrated in a comic book at the barbershop I went to sometime back in the late 50's or early 60's.
http://www.sba.muohio.edu/snavely/415/thunder.htm " TARGET="_blank"> http://www.sba.muohio.edu/snavely/415/thunder.htm
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:25 AM UTC
I remember erading that book a while back. Great to hear they are making a movie from it Time travel has been one Sci fi genre I have always liked. I read a book a long time ago where they had set up a time travel vacation service. I think it was called Up the Line by Robert Silverberg. read it while I was in college way back when.
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 12:59 AM UTC
Thanks for the heads up bracomadar
I loved this book and heard a while ago that a movie may be in the works but Never heard anymore. Can't wait for this one.

Cheers
HastyP