_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
M113 variants Addict
mic113
Visit this Community
Morbihan, France
entire network: 88 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 12:55 AM UTC
Hello to all
Am newbie there and just want to trade my passion for M113's of all sorts .
Am an old 1/43 modeller for Le mans racing cars and have got a new addict for 1/35 models thanks to the reading of the well known Osprey M113 written by the famous Graheme Davidson !!
I decided for following next years of retiring from racing cars building comunity to involve myself ( helped by some nice guys modellers and mastermen) in an big collect of M113 variants ( armored or not)
After browsing a lot on all sorts of sites I noticed that many M113 where used differently than they where supposed to do but in trying to replicate these on 1/35 scale there was a big missing of decals .
So some months ago I decided to draw some and to order from decal subcontractor a print of this Multiversion decals .
I just receive this week the transfers and am starting to built ( with either Tamiya , Academy, Afv club)the 14 possible versions permitted with this decal

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/371349/ppuser/49177
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 03:45 PM UTC
Very interesting decals and nice builds. It's good to see M-113s get new lives.

Paul
mic113
Visit this Community
Morbihan, France
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 07:04 PM UTC
Yes thanks Paul

M113 is probably the most versatile tracked vehicle never built and i decided only to collect her variants trying to built on 113 of them during followings years .
Specially the ones never done as kits:

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/371428/ppuser/49177
chris1
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 949 Posts
KitMaker Network: 129 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 07:07 AM UTC
Hi Michel,
Don't forget NASAs' M 113 astronaut rescue vehicles.

Chris
mic113
Visit this Community
Morbihan, France
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 07:46 PM UTC
Yes Chris thanks

I have already built a light yellow one number 3 ,will built another with number 2 but with different stickers and my decal include the red number for the streched M577 white one ;
Would you have some front pics of this one and to what use her have been built ?

Soonly also I want to built the early version used for Apollo mission when they were covered with antifire stuff but have only black and white pics so am dubitating about colours of hese interesting and rare versions ; more informations will be very very welcomed
 _GOTOTOP