_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
uml hong kong
gogs007
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 313 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 03:22 AM UTC
hi guys can anyone tell me the opening hours of uml store on nathan road and if there are any other shops near by that do legend, trumputer, hobby boss etc, planning a short day trip there. thanks
tigger917
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 92 Posts
KitMaker Network: 31 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 12:41 AM UTC
HI there Not sure of the opening times of UML , the times I have been are later in the afternoon as I am not sure the model shops open too early. I would also recommend going to the end of Dundas Street past the hospital on your right. There is a small shop on the end and another just around the corner which I think is Wa ling or something like that, they definitely have Trumpeter and Hobby boss which UML does not!!

There are several others tucked away in little alley ways and if memory serves me there is also a reasonable on on Tung Hoi street.
What you will soon realise is that there are loads of model shops in Mong Kok and they are tucked away just look around in some of the small malls and you will happen to find them. Have a good time I am going there on Friday this week and will no doubt be spending too much when I am there. Hope this helps

John
centurionmkv
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 67 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 10:35 AM UTC
Hi,

I went to HK last November. The UML shop on Nathan Rd opened at two different times over two different trips to the locale. Once it didn't open until 11:30 AM, the other one was at 12:XX PM.

The other hobby shops around Mongkok open pretty late as well. I see some opening their shutters as late as after 1:30 PM!

Strangely, the one in Causeway Bay consistently opens around 12:00 PM.

HTH!

+Y.C.
gogs007
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 313 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 02, 2012 - 06:47 AM UTC
thanks for the info guys
 _GOTOTOP