_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
NEWS
Panzer Shop - Russian Conversions
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 - 12:24 PM UTC
If you like modern Russian armor, particularly PT-76 or BTR-50PK, then Panzer Shop has something for you this month. Oh, and they have thrown in a full kit of the first French tank.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,854 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 - 02:46 PM UTC
Great subjects! Will be looking for a review of the CA-1 Char for sure, that's been a long time in coming
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
entire network: 5,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 89 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 - 06:54 PM UTC
I recently saw this on their site. The OT-62 conversions are really attractive !
But none of them are for a Russian vehicle, to my knowledge the OT-62 were in service with Czech and Polish armies only.
And the TOPAS should be a Polish only version.

We modern armor fans are living a fantastic period
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,094 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 12:09 AM UTC
I don't deny that these conversions are very interesting- the 50PK is a fairly bland vehicle up top and these conversions certainly add a lot of interest. But I am dissapointed to see that they didn't do an original BTR-50 conversion- i.e. with an open crew compartment and the ramps at the rear for various artillery pieces. Personally I think that would be an even more interesting conversion.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
entire network: 5,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 89 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 02:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't deny that these conversions are very interesting- the 50PK is a fairly bland vehicle up top and these conversions certainly add a lot of interest. But I am dissapointed to see that they didn't do an original BTR-50 conversion- i.e. with an open crew compartment and the ramps at the rear for various artillery pieces. Personally I think that would be an even more interesting conversion.

Karl,
I guess Panzershop prefer doing conversions they don't think Trumpeter will possibly release as plastic kits. The BTR-50 is more likely to be in the Trumpeter range sooner or later unlike the OT-62 series.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,094 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 04:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Karl,
I guess Panzershop prefer doing conversions they don't think Trumpeter will possibly release as plastic kits. The BTR-50 is more likely to be in the Trumpeter range sooner or later unlike the OT-62 series.

I understand what you are saying Olivier and I hope you are right about Trumpeter releasing an original spec BTR-50- I am still puzzled as to why they decided to go with the PK first.
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 5,926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 271 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 04:06 PM UTC
Experienced and rich..
 _GOTOTOP