_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Hollow Half round??
Scale_Mason
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 07:28 AM UTC
Anyone know were I can buy hollow half round? I need it for my current project.

OR does anyone know a good way to evenly cut styrene plastic tubing to make the hollow half round?

Thanks
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 03:32 AM UTC
you'd need to hold it securly and use some kind of Jig Picture some king of V shaped block that would let you run the blade along it to cut thru the wall of the round tube. you'd just have to hold it in 1 place and repeat on the other side.
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 2,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 424 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 05:24 AM UTC
Both Evergreen and Plastruct make half round styrene tube of various sizes. A quick googling will turn up lots of online shops.

Scale_Mason
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 07:57 AM UTC
Thanks for the help guys!

Eetu, I did a Google search and all the sites I found it in discontinued selling it. Would you know of a site that still sells it? Preferably one in the US. Thanks
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 10:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Eetu, I did a Google search and all the sites I found it in discontinued selling it. Would you know of a site that still sells it? Preferably one in the US. Thanks

Did you try evergreen directly?...maybe they still make it, if not, try the "pocket" way Matt suggested and just run a blade backwards along the length of the tube, on both sides....takes awhile but it works.
Just curious, what size do you need...maybe we can come up with some ideas for the pocket or maybe you could use the half round rod if your needs are smaller in size.....
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 1,654 Posts
KitMaker Network: 89 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 10:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Did you try evergreen directly?...maybe they still make it, if not, try the "pocket" way Matt suggested and just run a blade backwards along the length of the tube, on both sides....takes awhile but it works.
Just curious, what size do you need...maybe we can come up with some ideas for the pocket or maybe you could use the half round rod if your needs are smaller in size.....

E: try scalehobbyist.com J.T.
 _GOTOTOP