_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Modelling with a hidden agenda?
bronzey
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 300 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 - 11:43 AM UTC
hey,

Ok if I explain what i'm doing then I would like thoughts and if anyone else has 'thought outside the box' when it comes to completed models.

Start of last year I worked for a portable toilet company, this was in fact the only time i've ever been happy at a job regardless of the smell and down right dirt parts of being a toilet engineer, sounds mad I know. Anyways, after travelling up and down the UK working on festivals etc, I was made redundent, much to the shock of myself and my co workers. Now I know that the main reason why my head was given the chop was my lack of a driving licence, this is now being sorted but I fear that they may forget about me when they hit festival season again.

So surfing the net last week and I stumbed on a resin kit of a portable toilet that looks nearly the same as the one's I used to work with. Knowing my ex boss had a collection of toy toilets on his desk, I have hatched a genius idea to get one of these models, paint and weather it to the look of this company and best part is to be the graffiti on it that has my name and number, what better reminder is there? lol

I konw this seems like a lot for a job that isn't 100% going to happen and alot for a company that has dropped me before but I know it wasn't out of choice. thoughts on my 'different' style.........
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 - 12:53 PM UTC
I don't think there is anything wrong with your idea. You have information of a sort that would give you a potential edge, which anyone else would use. The boss may be flattered that you noticed a personal item. It would remind them of you knowledge of the company, and let them know you are thinking of them as friends. Simply put, you took the time to notice what the boss likes, as well as how the company works. It shows a positive sign from you.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 07:17 AM UTC
Considering how hard it is get a job nowadays, and especially a job you appear to enjoy .... why not!!! If he already has a few on his desk, he always have your number to hand .... good idea in my books.
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 03:49 PM UTC
Great idea for a business card/paper weight

what scale is this?

Magpie
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 653 Posts
KitMaker Network: 140 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 04:43 PM UTC
10 out of 10 for thinking outside the Thunder Box!
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 09:51 PM UTC
Thank you everyone for your comments, I wondered if my obsession of portable toilets had gone too far lol. So I've decided to go for it and ordered myself two toilets, one for them and I would like to keep one for myself, the graffiti of my number is going to be my nickname from work (Bog Woopit) seeing as that's what everyone there knows me as. They are 1/35 scale, the toilet comes in a resin kit and the door is already open, so going to have a good chance to give the inside a real 'festival' feel, have looked for a suitable figure to add to it but not fussed too much about it unless I find something 'perfect' and last time I checked there isn't a high demand for drunken ravers that you would find at such toilets lol. On the plus side I have found a great colour match for them and I have loads of photo's on my phone from when I would log damages so I'm not short on reference photo's. I will keep you all updated as soon as the postman has been! Lol
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 09:19 AM UTC
That is one Crappy idea...LOL....literally. Great idea
to keep the boss interested....a driver license would be a good thing too!

Jeff
lighthorseman
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 84 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 05:00 PM UTC
so walk around soon to follow on prime portal then
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 - 04:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

so walk around soon to follow on prime portal then

That's a great idea Alex. Run with it!
bronzey
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 - 06:14 AM UTC
Bodeen u just had to take the 'piss' didn't you! Lol believe me I've heard all these jokes before lol

Forgive me for sounding stupid but I'm still new to all this, a 'primer portal'? I am stumped at what that is lol
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 - 07:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...'primer portal'? I am stumped at what that is lol

Probably the premier walk-around referance site for modelers. If it exists, there are probably a few walk-arounds of it there.

Check it out:www.primeportal.net

Well, maybe not the crapper...but most military vehicles.
 _GOTOTOP