_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Bush Telegraph
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
larger scale modern military... any interest
rwaldram
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 12:17 AM UTC
Hi all, i'm normally into 1:24 & 1:25 scale trucks, but being a Recy Mech i'd love to see a model of the HRV i operate on a daily basis. 18 months ago i started work on a 1:25 scale version of this, a lot of scratchbuilding and a lot of kit bashing from the donor kit i had (the old AMT Mack R Series) here's where i got to with it...

This version and the first cast of the resin front end has since been "scrapped" in favour of a 1:24 scale version. This version will include a posable crane & overlift recovery system, posable bonnet & side guards, steering wheels etc. I would like to also get opening doors on at least some of the tool bins, but this may not be feasable (it'd require fully stowed tooling & equpiment to be moulded in).

The kit will be cast in resin by KFS in the UK and sold in limited numbers...

If anyone is intersted in this, it's a long way off (end of the year due to my own training/work requirements) but will eventually be followed by the 20t trailer, an ASLAV-R and hopefully, one day also the M806SA4 & M88A2 all in the same scale.
blake_500ci
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 10:21 PM UTC
nice work mate looks like its comin along nicely, i am into larger scale, just bought a 1/16 leopard 1a4 im going to convert into aussie scheme, should b fun. chers blake.
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 673 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2012 - 02:06 AM UTC
That is a stunning piece of work, and so neat and tidy. You always crack out amazing stuff.

Would look cool towing one of those Aussie 6 wheeled Landrovers !!!!!!!!!!

Have you got this on a blog showing how you put it all together?

Cracking piece of kit.

Nige
rwaldram
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 - 12:19 PM UTC
Thanks Nige, plans are to have the quad axle, 20t recovery trailer behind it although who knows, i may be able to get some of the 'adaptors' made up for the towing hitch so builders can pose it with a casualty vehicle on tow.
 _GOTOTOP