_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Italeri re-issues
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1,138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 09:57 AM UTC
I see Italeri has re-popped the SAS Landrover, this time the artwork shows a pink version, not the old camo artwork. And the old "Accessories" kit is back, actually it has some useful items, as long as it is not too expensive!
bat-213
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 902 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 12:21 PM UTC
yes i think that kit is the old tamiya pink pather,still look good to me.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 10:55 AM UTC
I'm pretty sure it's the old Italeri mold, actually. I have the original one, it's not too bad - the guns are quite nice.
goldnova72
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 627 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 11:35 AM UTC
Yes they repopped the Tamiya 1/35 Rover , plus their 1/24 scale Rover is reissued again . Prices seem a bit steep for a 70s era kit IMO
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 12:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes they repopped the Tamiya 1/35 Rover , plus their 1/24 scale Rover is reissued again . Prices seem a bit steep for a 70s era kit IMO

Actually guys, Italeri did not re-pop the Tamiya pinkie, they have their own tooling which was released in the 80's. I own two of the Tamiya and two of the Italeri, they are definitely different kits. Although the Italeri one lacks any figures, (probably a good thing!!) it actually (in my opinion) is a better kit than the Tamiya one, although the Tamiya pinkie has better accessories. The overall moulding seems thinner and less toy-like, somehow. The Tamiya one was released in the 70's and is a different molding for sure.

And to further complicate things, their 1/24 Landies are old ESCI toolings! What a world. Speaking of Tamiya, their "new" items look like old 70's re-pops. I am curious about their "new" US army figures, I wonder if it's the horrible "Modern US Infantry" kit with those anorexic "hipster" soldiers - they look like they're wearing girls jeans! More likely, it's the ICM release "Elite US Forces"....guess we'll just have to wait and see....
 _GOTOTOP