_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Alternative for Future?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2003 - 02:58 AM UTC
What do you use as an alternative? Wala kasi sa atin to (or very rare) ang Future/Jhonsons Klear. Anong alternative nyo? Pwede kaya yung mga Pronto and other liquid floor wax? Or yung ginagamit sa kotse na pampakintab, pwede kaya? Any help?
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2003 - 09:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What do you use as an alternative? Wala kasi sa atin to (or very rare) ang Future/Jhonsons Klear. Anong alternative nyo? Pwede kaya yung mga Pronto and other liquid floor wax? Or yung ginagamit sa kotse na pampakintab, pwede kaya? Any help?

If you look a LOT of threads back, there's a discussion IIRC about Wipe and Shine? or something, hehe! Si Latte`X recommends me, and is available at any SM Supermarket branch. Haven't really used it, but IT IS SUPPOSED to be as good as Future?

Yung sa kotse kasi, medyo rubbing compound yan diba, or wax? Delikado, baka may malakas na abrasives, since kaha nang kotse may makapal na clear-coat which is pretty safe to be applied with industrial grade pang-pakintabs. (:-)
warthog
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 05:01 PM UTC
Wipe n Shine can be a better alternative. I've used it several times already and it works fine. I only use brush for fear of ruining my airbrush. One suggestion is that once you use Wipe n Shine, shy away from any alcohol based products because it whitens the finish.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 11:57 PM UTC
Can you show us some pics?
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2003 - 11:43 AM UTC
wipe and shine, unfortunately, aint as good as future. it's not clear (but dries clear, don't worry ) and is less robust than Wipe and Shine I believe. I've used it once however, and was pleased with the result.

Remember that someone said a hobby shop sells Future here? I forgot which. If you wanna be sure, then try that. I'll stick to my Wipe and Shine
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 12:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Remember that someone said a hobby shop sells Future here? I forgot which. If you wanna be sure, then try that. I'll stick to my Wipe and Shine

It was I, available yung Future sa Lil's for 300 ata. Wala kasi silang stock eh. Nagbabakasakali lang ako kung may magandang alternative.
Fairfax
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 61 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 03:48 PM UTC
I have tried wipe and shine after reading that thread about using it as an alternative for Future. While it does produce a clear gloss effect, i found out that it doesn't react too well with Gunze's decal setting solution, Mr. Mark Softer. The area applied with W&S becomes white (even with considerable drying time) as soon as it comes in contact with said decal solution brand. Haven't tried with others yet. Fyi!

Dennis
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 04:06 PM UTC
Ouch Siguro same effect din dyan ang Microset/Microsol.

Another alternative would be those big white lacquer spray cans. They don't smell nice and very thick applications will make the finish look like an orange peel with lots of pits and bumps.
warthog
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2003 - 08:27 PM UTC
Wipe n Shine turns white when it comes in contact with any liquid containing alcohol or anything related to it.
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 02:34 AM UTC
I found that the remedy for whitening of Wipe and shine is to give it another coat of Wipe and Shine. I hope that works for those with damaged work.
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 08:22 AM UTC

[/quote]It was I, available yung Future sa Lil's for 300 ata. Wala kasi silang stock eh. Nagbabakasakali lang ako kung may magandang alternative.[/quote]

I would like to make a suggestion here guys. I had build 2 aircraft models before, a 1/32 F-15C & Apache helicopter, & I used a floor wax with the same component as Future has & also made locally by J&J( I forgot the name. ) anyway I think it would give the same effect as Future would if you use a similar floor wax with the same component. I know it did mine.
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 11:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I would like to make a suggestion here guys. I had build 2 aircraft models before, a 1/32 F-15C & Apache helicopter, & I used a floor wax with the same component as Future has & also made locally by J&J( I forgot the name. ) anyway I think it would give the same effect as Future would if you use a similar floor wax with the same component. I know it did mine.

Wipe and shine.
 _GOTOTOP