_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Any other truck drivers out there
richter111
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 - 12:53 PM UTC
I have begun a career in trucking and was wondering if anyone else out there builds while driving? I am thinking of putting together a over the road builders kit so I can model during my 34/36 hour resets.

Anyone else out there do this?

Ric
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 - 03:21 PM UTC
Hey Rick, I drove for 26 years and when I went over the road the last four years I built on layovers. I would bring a box with knifes, emory boards, glue,paint/brushs and some scrap styrene. When I got stuck waiting for loads or put out of service by our favorite (D.O.T.), I'd model. Take some soft rags to pack up your kit so it doesn't get beat to hell and back while driving. Usualy I would build stuff that was not fragile. Like the figures or tank bodies. Things like weapons or tank barrels/antenas or props/landing gear are better left for when you get home. Base painting works too. This way when I got home the basics were done. Also took plenty of reading material along, history and sci-fi. A note book for scatching out ideas comes in handy too. Have fun when your down time comes along and keep the wheels down.
 _GOTOTOP