_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Howdy
Blister
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2011 - 05:38 PM UTC
I'm not new to the site but usually lurk around Armorama. I'm a treadhead but I dabble in just about anything plastic. I've been building since I was 6 but had a bit of a hiatus while in the Army. Tho I did build off and on when not in the field. I've built 1/700 waterline as a kid along with some of the larger tamiya ships. A friend of mine passed suddenly last month and his family asked me to finish his small resin uss olympia that is about 40% completed. So it looks like I'm going back into ship building. Plus the newer offerings with new castings have sparked my interest. So I'm going to expand to include ships into what I dabble in.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 01:09 AM UTC
First of all, hello and welcome new member. Can't have too many techniques to learn. I am a definite treadhead, but I hear you on ships. I even build ac, every so often. Right now, I have Tamiya's 1/350 USS Missourri on my bench. Hopefully, we will learn from each other.
Blister
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 06:23 AM UTC
Thanks. I built the old Tamiya Missouri and Bismarck many years ago. The older kits can't hold a candle to the newer castings. I'd like my first 1/350 will be the new Tamiya Yamato but I have a Trumpeter 1/350 USS Hornet NIB sitting in my closet right now. If I keep that kit it most likely will be the first big ship I build. Currently I have a Testors M47 Patton and Sherman (both old yellow boxes) on my table. I'm also searching for the correct paints for my 1/72 fine molds falcon I got last year.
 _GOTOTOP