Shows and events in North America.
AMPS Atlanta Show - Feb. 17-19, 2012
Thermalsights
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 30 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 08:09 PM UTC
Join us in Atlanta - February 17-19, 2012 for our 4th Annual Model Show and Contest. Once again this promises to be a great show with lots of great models and vendor tables. We're also planning some first rate seminars as well. Couple that with one of the largest military figure shows in the US and you've got a great weekend. Since we use the AMPS judging approach, you can tune up and get ready for the AMPS Nationals. Ken Guntin's 1/72M60A3 captured the Best US and Best of Show awards last February. You might recognize Ken from the latest Fine Scale Modeler Mag as his Leopard 2A5 took Best Small Scale Armor at the IPMS Nationals!

Click here for all the information you will need to get involved with our show!
http://www.ampsatlanta.org/Atlanta_Show_Information_9C.html
FetidRanger
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 36 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 - 04:27 AM UTC
Hi Greg,
I am new to the hobby, but live in Atlanta, so I am definitely planning to attend. I noticed on the flyer there will be vendors there. Since I have never attended a show, will I be able to buy kits at the show, or is it more of a catalog and display type of thing?

Either way, I am in!
Thermalsights
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 01:15 PM UTC
David - Happy New Year! I'm glad you're planning to attend the show. It's a great way to see what's happening in the hobby. There will also be some educational seminars. Concerning your question about vendors, they all have inventory on hand for purchase. If you're interested, our local chapter in Atlanta will hold our first meeting of 2012 this coming Saturday 1/7. Here's a link to give you the info about our meetings. We would love to have you attend. It's a great bunch of guys who love the hobby. Joining this chapter was the best decision I made in my modeling life. I hope you can make it.

http://www.ampsatlanta.org/About_AMPS_Atlanta.html
FetidRanger
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 36 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 - 10:31 AM UTC
Thanks Greg. As soon as I get through my daughter's basketball season, I'll start coming by. Lookin forward to the Show!
Thermalsights
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 10:00 AM UTC
I'm looking forward to meeting you. I'm usually around the registrations desk early in the show, then I'm doing a seminar on Saturday come on up and introduce yourself.
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 357 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 10:42 AM UTC
This is going to be a good show. Rob Irvin, formally of Formations is giving a seminar on the Sherman, Greg is doing on on weathering. I'm excited.
dvarettoni
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 05:09 PM UTC
i can't wait we got a quit a few of us from the SC coming
dave
 _GOTOTOP