_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Tamiya Pazer V in 35 scale
horsetank
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 113 Posts
KitMaker Network: 76 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 03:58 AM UTC
I just did a Tamiya Panzer V in 35 scale and I added the track to to get a preliminary Idea on the diorama I'm building and I noticed it looks too high for the scale and there seems to be something wrong with the wheels too big for the scale.
Is there something wrong with that kit or is it just that it looks like thaty to me here are some pics
hogarth
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 672 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 07:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just did a Tamiya Panzer V in 35 scale and I added the track to to get a preliminary Idea on the diorama I'm building and I noticed it looks too high for the scale and there seems to be something wrong with the wheels too big for the scale.
Is there something wrong with that kit or is it just that it looks like thaty to me here are some pics

Which Tamiya Panzer IV? There have been many incarnations of that kit...the old D, the old H, the newer H Fruhe and J, plus a J that came with Eduard Zimmerit. Pics might also help.
horsetank
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 113 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 12:09 PM UTC
Is there something wrong with that kit or is it just that it looks like that to me here are some pics

hogarth
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 672 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2011 - 01:09 AM UTC
My bad, I thought you said Panzer IV.

That Tamiya Panther A is an ancient kit with all sorts of dimensional issues. Not sure about the road wheels though. If you can you might want to try to glue the tracks down to the tops of the wheels, as the real tracks were metal (heavy) and had some sag to them.

I would use that Panther A as merely a target for trying out different painting/weathering techniques, as the angles and such are all off....turret is kind of flattened, the hull is too wide I believe, etc. Much better are the Tamiya Panther G (they made 3 or 4 versions), or any of the Dragon offerings. Even the Italeri A and D are more dimensionally accurate than this beast.
 _GOTOTOP