History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Adolf's Fate
Cokes
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2003 - 07:37 PM UTC
Having read recommendations that we utilise this forum more often, here's a topic which has been debated over the last fifty years:

Did Hitler kill himself, or did someone else do it? Did he in fact even die? Why did the Russians claim that they had his body?

Whilst the reported sightings of Hitler in South America post WW2 have an Elvis-esque ring to them, the events surrounding the death of arguably the 20th Century's most notorious figure are still disputed.

For a lead in, go to: http://www.coverups.com/hitler/

Hope this provides some intersting discussion.

Cheers,

Cokes.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2003 - 09:13 PM UTC
I think he died in the bunker in the book berlin by antony beever this is disscussed
Stalin never even told zukov of the bodies and kept pressuring him to find them the
russians are supposed to have part of hitlers skull in their archives his body was buried
under a parade ground and dug up in the 70's and the remains flushed into the sewers
why the russians were so iffy about not letting anyone see the remains ect I dont know
guess it's one of the greatest misteries of our times but more importantly is the skull of martin borman found in berlin with soil samples not constistant with the area this sugests
that he did escape berlin and axmans statement was wrong.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 12:36 AM UTC
Who knows, maybe he died recently in Argentina! Or he is living there now under some assumed name!

~Chip :-)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 07:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Or he is living there now under some assumed name!

~Chip :-)

Making him 114 years old and possibly the oldest human on the planet.

Mikeli said also "why the russians were so iffy about not letting anyone see the remains'

Remember, this was the Cold War days. The Russians were secretive about everything.

As to his being seenpost war in Argentina (or anywhere) my own experience with a missing person whose picture we had to show around was that this person was seen simultaneously 15 to 20 miles from his point of disappearance. Eyewitnesses can be amazingly unreliable.
sphyrna
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 379 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 08:52 AM UTC
My great grandmother always believed he took a submarine to South America-I have no clue why she thought that....

He shot himself in the bunker- with the end of the Cold War the Russians have been more open. A History Channel show I saw awhile back was about Hitler's last days, and showed the cardboard box that held the skull fragments of 'Der Führer'

Peter
ponysoldier
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 223 Posts
KitMaker Network: 83 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 08:45 AM UTC
Hello All
Well what a thread.There is much to be considered here. Hitler dead well of course
by now he is dead. Did he die in Berlin? Well im not sure about that yes the russians
claim to have recovered his remains,but we have yet to see proof of these claims.
Fortress Redoubt is a credible thought, but operation Redoubt fell through. Hitler
refused to move to the alps almost a year before he died. The troops in redoubt
were cutoff and left to die on the vine. Just a note here fortress Redoubt was real
and might have extended the war had it not been cut off. The germans use give
tours of this in the 70s . Now add to this mix is odessa an other real operation
that some say exists to this day.Now as for Borman many say his body was never
recovered at all,and there is no proof of this( I could be wrong here). Argentina
during this time frame was pro nazi and even had quite a bit of german equipment
that was sold to them.There was and still is a large german community there
that were know to harbor german agents. So in this thread any thing is possible.

ponysoldier
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 08:50 AM UTC
I am not really sure how he got there, or when, but I am fairly certain I know where he is. Fryin' Probably right next to Pol Pot...

Shaun
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 06:57 PM UTC
Too many bunker survivors say Hitler wacked himself and he and Eva were cremated. He saw Mussolini hung up like a side of beef after he was croaked and wasn't going to let that happen to his corpse. I'll hold on to the death in the bunker theory
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2003 - 06:25 AM UTC
I have to agree with Blaster. He did not want to happen, what he did to too many others!