_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
A possible whatif idea for the DO217
maxmwill
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 334 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 - 08:53 AM UTC
I'm in the process of gathering information and materials for a 1/48 scale DO217E4. One of the books I'm using is Griehl's DO 217-317-417 book. But, while reading it, I came upon a tantalizing 3-view of a DO217G See Stuka. A 217 on floats.

This got me to thinking about a further scratchbuild project, using the floats of an HE115, if there is such a kit in 1/48. As it is,the bird would have to have a new empennage(a single rudder, no less), as well as parts of the wings scratch built(the centre section is constant chord). Otherwise, it looks like a reasonable conversion of an E model 217.

While I do have one scratch build project in planning(a Kharkov Khai Khia3 airliner in 1/48), This has my curiosity bump itching as to how I'd do this, as this'd be a pure whatif project(a diorama with HE115's, or possibly even HE59's). Anyway, I'm asking if anyone else might be interested in something like this or similar. I don't mind sharing.

Should I embark upon this, I'd have to find out more about German float plane squadrons and the associated markings.
 _GOTOTOP