_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
customized decals
Wardster
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 27 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2003 - 12:17 PM UTC
I have a question that has probably been asked before, so bare with me. I am curious if there is a company out there that will create customized decals. I'm doing a model for a friend and he wants his company's numbers on the tank, i.e.- 2/11/ACR F Troop

Does anyone know if this can be done easily? Costs?
Thanks!!
KiwiDave
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 248 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2003 - 01:48 PM UTC
If you have access to an ink jet or laser printer (or a photocopier) you can print your own on plain decal sheet.

I have just done some for Chieftain which are just white writing on a black ground. I only have a B+W laser printer so got some white decal sheet and printed the black bit using Adobe Freehand to set up the artwork.

There is an article in Features I think or if not got to Hyperscale - http://www.clubhyper.com/ - and check in Aircraft Reference.

It is not as easy as it looks, but it works! In the US of A you should have no trouble finding the decal sheet, if your hobby shop doesn't have it just type 'decal' into Google and you're away.

Most computers have basic artwork programmes that you can use, even Word will do for simple things.

Hope that helps.

Regards Dave
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 01:49 AM UTC
If you wish I've got a small decals (also customized) business. If you're interested you can visit this site.
Ciao
 _GOTOTOP