_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Question about campaigns banners
nico37
Visit this Community
Indre-et-Loire, France
entire network: 651 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 12:12 AM UTC
Hi all,

i didn't find whether the campaigns banners are only dedicated for campaigns leaders or if any member could put one (or several) banner (s) from campaign (s) in which he is enlisted.
I'm sorry if the answer is somewhere, i didn't find it.

Cheers
nico
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 12:48 AM UTC
There are no rules governing this. So it is up to you basically to do whatever you want, within the lines of decency and such of course...
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 04:37 AM UTC
You can display the banner in good faith if you are participating in a campaign,if you back out or don't build,then you probably would want to remove it.

The campaign ribbons however are only awarded by the leader after the campaign is completed.
nico37
Visit this Community
Indre-et-Loire, France
entire network: 651 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2011 - 02:35 AM UTC
Hi,

OK, thanks for your answers.

nico
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 771 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 06:28 AM UTC
I've got a related question. Once you've been awarded a ribbon for finishing a campaign how do you get it to display in your signature block? As you can see I've gotten my Korean War Campaign award to display but it looks pretty crappy. How do you guys get them to show up so clearly?
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 06:39 AM UTC
There is no general way, far as I know. What I have done is create a banner with all of the awards in. That is the only way I know of to get them to look normal.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 3,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 490 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 07:40 AM UTC
It's up to you to create an image of banner size with the ribbon in it. It's pretty simple. Start your graphics program and create a new image of banner size (468 wide x 60 tall). Open up an image of your ribbon and copy and paste the ribbon into the banner. Save the banner and upload it somewhere on the Web (Kitmaker gallery or Photobucket/Flikr/Picassa) and use the URL of your new banner in your signature.
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 09:53 AM UTC
Thanks for the help guys. I don't seem to have a program that will do a very good job doing what Gary described. I'll have to look into one.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 02:02 PM UTC
This will show the basics of how to create a banner with your campaign ribbons in them. I will use Microsoft Paint as it comes with Windows but other paint/graphics programs will have a way to do all this.

First I start up Paint and it gives me a default new image. I need to resize this to the size of a banner (648 x 60 pixels).

In Paint, I select the "Image->Attributes..." menu item. This brings up a small dialog box where I can change the size.

Here is the dialog box. I just enter the new width and height then click on the OK btton.

And here is the newly resized image. Now I need to put a copy of my first ribbon on the Clipboard.

I go into Armorama and bring up my settings. I right-click on the first ribbon and select "Copy image" from the pop-up menu.

I switch back to Microsoft Paint and select the "Edit->Paste" menu item.

The ribbon image is pasted into the upper-left corner of the banner. Notice that the image is surrounded by dotted lines. I will come back to that. If I only had one ribbon, all I'd have to do is save the image as a JPEG image and quit. But I will add another ribbon by doing the same thing as for the first.

And here is what I see after pasting the second ribbon. It's been pasted right over the first! Not to worry. The dotted line surrounding the image menas that it hasn't been stamped into the banner yet. Use your mouse to move it over beside the first ribbon.

Much better now. Repeat for all your ribbons. Now I will save my banner.

I choose the "File->Save As" menu item.

Paint automatically selects a color bitmap file (bmp) but I need JPEG. Most all graphics programs should have a menu to choose what type of file to save it as. I select JPEG then click on the "Save" button and I'm all done creating my signature banner.
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 05:35 AM UTC
Gary, first of all thank you for taking the time to put in such a detailed reply. I followed your SBS and what I ended up with was a tiny image of the award in the banner size box. When I grabbed and dragged the handles of the small image in paint in expanded it to the banner size box I ended up with the "pixelated" look you see on my signature block now. Could the issue be the quality of the image that was used for the award? Maybe this is as good as it gets? Or did I miss a step in how I pasted the image into my profile?
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 05:57 AM UTC
Right. Ribbons are tiny 50 x 20 images. Unlike what you see on TV shows, you can't expand images while preserving how they look. When you make it larger, the graphics program has to figure out how to fill in the extra space between the dots. I hate those police dramas where they take fuzzy camera image and expand it to show a detailed image of the criminal's face.

I think the best thing to do is to leave the ribbon in its original size and fill up the banner by completing more campaigns.
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 07:07 AM UTC
Thanks Gary, that's the plan I have to more campaigns I'm working on now! thanks again for your help!
 _GOTOTOP