_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
who is the US distributor for FAQ 2 book?
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,019 Posts
KitMaker Network: 332 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 11:39 AM UTC
I was going to preorder the FAQ 2 book but the price is $78 USD which I would cough up if there are no other options, but the cheapest shipping rate at check-out is 38 Euros which is $52.00.

That's insane! $130 for a modeling book? I would like to think that shipping charge is wrong but the faster was was 50 some Euros I think. -I don't know- I'm still in sticker shock!i

Does anybody know if it will be US bound and if so, who will carry it. I don't care about an autographed copy.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 11:48 AM UTC
An earlier thread said it would soon be available here:

http://www.ak-interactive-usa.com./
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 04:05 PM UTC
Thanks Anthony -i only get here sporadically these days so i missed it. i actually did got to the US site before i posted here and they had the DVD version but no mention of the book was to be seen.
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2011 - 05:30 AM UTC
Just pre-ordered it!

As an aside I was looking an Amazon (US) and saw that the first FAQ book about AFV painting is going for well over $200 a copy. Most were $260 to $275 used. I saw it for as much as $299.99 on a number of sites while checking for FAQ 2. There was an FAQ book on figure painting and it's over $150 at the low end.

I think I may end up buying a second copy of FAQ 2 and holding onto it for resale as it looks like it could pay for both copies.

It makes me wonder why Andrea Press doesn't do a second printing.

I noticed one on airplanes, one had a Messerschmitt on the cover and another with the same title but the cover had a Wildcat on it I think. I saw yet another FAQ on building and finishing cars. Both seem readily available for around $60 +/-
sword86
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2011 - 06:40 AM UTC
I recall that I saw that the first FAQ is being re-issued. I think it was on RZM's site.
I was freaked out at the prices guys were asking for them on Amazon. I found one at my LHS for about the same $$ as online retail.

Yup....just looked again. RZM's Main page. FAQ 1 reprint.

Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2011 - 11:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I recall that I saw that the first FAQ is being re-issued. I think it was on RZM's site.
I was freaked out at the prices guys were asking for them on Amazon. I found one at my LHS for about the same $$ as online retail.

Yup....just looked again. RZM's Main page. FAQ 1 reprint.

Wow! Thank's for mentioning that site! I had orders for the Panzer IV Book 2 cancelled by both Amazon and Barnes and Noble. And there it is!

I did see the FAQ 1 and while it's good to see it out there again, It's still $98.00 which is not as bad as over $200, but still way more than I paid when mine was bought. I wonder if sometimes book re-sellers know model builders will spend a lot on kits and then the detail items and paint/finishing products to complete them so assume we have deep pockets and price accordingly?

For others who may be interested : http://www.rzm.com/main/main.cfm
 _GOTOTOP