_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
KV II curse and me
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 375 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 11:32 PM UTC
Dear folks,

This is kinda far fetched but it happened to me twice in my life. I cannot build KVII models w/o having a spell of bad luck following me...

5 yrs ago, after building a trumpeter KVII, I ran into Problems with my business...i sold the completed model on ebay to a collector later. Fast forward 4 years, after I built the purchased the same kit and I ran into problem with my work and health...and some family issues.

I think I cant build KV 2, I am cursed with the curse of KV2, freaky...

Anyone has similar experience with

Magpie
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 653 Posts
KitMaker Network: 140 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 01:26 AM UTC
Not with a KV tank no but I had a similar experience with the JRR Tolkien book "The Hobbit".

Read the first chapter and got the mumps, came back to the book a few years later and got glandular fever returned once more a few years after that and my grandmother died.

It was with great trepidation that I watched the Lord of the Ring Trilogy, but managed without ill effects.

I have not read the Hobbit, nor do I intend to see the movie should they make one.
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 11:09 AM UTC
Try a KV1!
Treadhead12
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 162 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 07:05 AM UTC
I had something like this in another way with a micro-armor game my friend played.

The set up is during Operation Bagration/Destruction of Army Group Center, late June 1944. The 5th Panzer Division with the 505 Tiger Battalion attached to it have moved to defend a bridgehead on the Bezerina River where other German forces are attempting to cross. The Russians are moving with a reinforce tank brigade to contact and attempting to take out the bridgehead and cross the river. Lots of tanks on the 3-D terrain board.

First time I played this with my firend, his wife had a massive heart attack and almost died. She is diabetic and led to her heart problems. The doctors did not give a good chance of surviving, but she pulled through. But I had to put up the tanks and terrain pieces.

About 18 months later, a mutual friend wanted to play micro-armor and we decided to play the Berezina River scenairo. He has a ping-pong table to play on and the terrain looked good. After a couple of sessions, we were getting ready to start that Saturday's moves, our friend's live in mother-in-law died upstairs. She was just over 100 years old and her health was failing, but she went fast and in no pain.

We did finish the scenario and continue to play. That is only time in all of my years of model building and play wargames this kind of thing has happened.
 _GOTOTOP