_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Found a new use for an airbrush...
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 07:12 AM UTC
My niece is a very talented pastry chef. We were talking the other day as we happened to meet on the same bus, and she starts talking about a new tool she is looking for.

Where do I find an airbrush she says in an anguished tone. You can find them everywhere, I say. No way she says, I can't find anything, anywhere. So I tell her I have 4 and that I have used them since I was say 13 years old, she couldn't believe her ears! Quite fun to be useful sometimes!!

She works all the time in Marzipan (colored almond-paste) and wants to use an airbrush for effects and stuff. There all kinds of colors, opaque and clear, and chocolates (yes I wrote chocolate) you can spray that are all basically the thickness of milk (or thinner)!!

Needless to say we are going to meet soon so that I can teach her how to use an airbrush. I used to be a pastry chef myself, back in the day. I never was very good with Marzipan, but chocolate on the other hand...

You might just see an edible model very soon from me...
Juggler
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 104 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 04:44 PM UTC
Thinned chocolate as a final Dull Kote...Interesting
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 07:04 PM UTC
If you temper the chocolate correctly you can get anything from a dull coat to a high gloss...

One drawback is the cost though...
 _GOTOTOP