_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
DIY Show on Models
Wardster
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 27 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2003 - 08:38 AM UTC
Just a thought. I wonder if the fine people from this site and pitch a show to run on the DIY Network about building models of dioramas. While this is a great place to get tips and such, imagine how helpful it would be to see them in action.....
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2003 - 08:40 AM UTC
I like the idea but I'm not sure it would come across well on TV. The guy they have do the thing on radio controlled hobbies does his best to make something pretty exciting, RC boats and planes and such, look pretty boring. I don't know if you could show making models in an exciting light.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2003 - 08:57 AM UTC
There was a series on making models or all types. Each show would focus on a kit and they would walk through the whole deal. I want to say it was on Public TV, I haven't seen it for ages (10 years).
It's been tried before.

All go off on a tangent - If you could get Jessy James to help you build it the show just might work. #:-)
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2003 - 09:04 AM UTC
I'm not so sure that it would 'fly', but perhaps on a very local ie: home town station, it might work. (If your town is big enough to have one that is.) Sure would beat all the mundane re-runs of local (who cares?) programming.

I have thought of approaching my home town's station in the past, with the possible support of my local (quite good) hobby shop, but thought otherwise and dropped the idea.
 _GOTOTOP