_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
After 9 Years I ought to introduce myself
DocF225
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 - 04:35 PM UTC
Greetings Earthings,

My parents named me William my Marines named me Doc and I am a modelholic. I built my first model at the tender age of 4 and have been at it for 44 years. My father built rigged sailing ships and I wanted to "help". As a form of self defense he brought me to the NEX in Norfolk to buy my own kit. I, of course, chose some ginormous aircraft carrier kit but we ended up "compromising" and I got a set of the hero planes of WWII in 1/72 snap tite. By age 8 I was hanging around the local Five & Dime cruising the model aisles calculating how many papers I would have to deliver to buy a given kit. My parents, classic enablers, bought me kits for most every gift giving occasion. By my teenage years I was collecting books to the point that the Library was asking me to borrow books, I had amassed a collection of paint rivaling the best hobby store and I had kits stashed in every closet in the house. About this time I found this evil group called a "model club". The downward spiral was swift and expensive. Styrene sheets, strips, and shapes filled drawers under the bench. K&S Brass was stockpiled. I learned to resin cast.
Now 44 years later my kit stash is north of 1000 kits, I have more than 200 bottles of paint, 6 airbrushes and two compressors. I am a past First Vice President of AMPS, a Charter member of AMPS CT, IPMS USA Region 1 Coordinator, Life member of Hudson Valley Historical Miniatures Guild and a founding member of the Town of Newburgh Model Car Club. I chair two IPMS USA SIGS and am a member of three more.

As you can see there is something very very wrong with me.
I'm hoping that I can somehow find my way back into the light....

Thanks for looking,

Doc
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 - 06:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As you can see there is something very very wrong with me.

Nope, all checks out perfectly OK with me Doc !

Quoted Text

I'm hoping that I can somehow find my way back into the light....

Seems to me that you found the light years ago and have been standing squarely in the middle of it ever since !

Welcome aboard Doc, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Cheers, D
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 03:35 AM UTC
Welcome aboard. It looks like you have a lot to share. I'm also looking forward to seeing your work.
 _GOTOTOP