_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Lucky Model sloooow.
sword86
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 11 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 01:16 PM UTC
I submitted an order to LM two months ago. Some of the order shipped within two weeks, despite my request to ship all items once order has been completed. Now it's been 1 1/2 months and yet the remainder is still unsent. The remainder seems to be just sitting in limbo, and has been that way for at least a month.
Anyone else had this kind of experience with LM? Does this seem to be an anomaly?

I'm sorry now that I jumped to LM instead of spending a little bit more time researching U.S. suppliers. All my future biz will now be confined to the U.S. Prices just about equal, shipping cheaper and much faster. Most ship within a day, if item in stock. (everything WAS apparently 'In Stock' when I placed my initial order with LM)
IMO, LM rates a 'thumbs down'.

rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 05:24 AM UTC
i'd be e mailing the company and pitciin a fit. i have in the past with general questions and answers were fast in coming. in usa sprue brothers have been the fastest with me delivery wise, 2-3 days depending on day ordered.

reb
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
entire network: 1,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 06:54 AM UTC
Never had problems with them. If smth went out of stock - it can take very long time to get it. I usually asked to cancel order and give money back.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
entire network: 209 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 12:46 AM UTC
Dear "sword"

It has a high chance that our reply has been blocked by the SPAM filter, you can use "My Request" features to send your request and we normally reply within 24 hrs.

About the backorder issue, we constantly sending orders everyday to all the supplier, but sometimes due to supply limitation, the restock/reproduction takes longer time than we expected.

We will deploy the new notification services within Sept to enable direct feedback/action from the consumer whether cancel/keep the backorder.

Also, the changes will include the latest real-time stock status system as well as linkage directly to those brand which directly carried by us.

Regards
Raymond
LuckyModel.com
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 01:36 AM UTC
It's great to hear that you will be using a real-time stock system.. because that was the only problem you had with your site.

Hisham
sword86
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 04:52 PM UTC
Thanks Raymond.
I sent an E-mail to support@luckymodel the other day requesting where you were at with my orders.

mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2011 - 04:31 AM UTC
My experiences with LM have all been positive. Their customer service is fantastic. I mean, what other large vendor monitors this site and answers questions directly through the forum? None that I can think of. Also, using the My Request function on their site will get you almost immediate feedback.

Your comment "All my future biz will now be confined to the U.S. Prices just about equal, shipping cheaper and much faster." doesn't quite wash either. LM's prices are consistently far below US prices. I also find their shipping costs to be reasonable. In fact, many items ship for free. And of course their shipping takes a little longer, but they are on the other side of the world so I think I'll give them a pass on that.

Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2011 - 01:24 PM UTC
Dear "sword",

I cannot locate your email, can you direct your email to me personally ? I can take care myself.

Normally, most customer email to [email protected] for aftersales support.

My email is [email protected]

Regards
Raymond
sword86
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 02:18 AM UTC
Hope this bumps my original post to the top again.......Next week marks SEVEN MONTHS and my original order is yet to be completed.

Never again.

ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,662 Posts
KitMaker Network: 319 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 03:28 AM UTC
sword i placed and order with Lucky back on December 20th that i am still waiting for. I also sent them an E-mail on January 19th. I never got a reply to my e-mail and my order is still saying in progress. 2 items are listed as in stock and another as available
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 03:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...2 items are listed as in stock and another as available...

Available is the hold-up on your order. Available in their system is the same as out of stock, but on the market and we will eventually get one. They are waiting to get in more of that item. If you selected the items to ship togetehr, it will only ship when the item is listed as in stock. If you need/want your other items now, cancel the available item and the rest should ship.

I have never had any issues with Lucky Model. Once you understand their inventory system, it is a breeze. Just don't order anything until it is listed as in stock. They usaully answer any emails promptly and will bend over backwards to fix the problem. Nothing but great service on this end.
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 357 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 04:01 AM UTC
I've ordered things from them within the last month, and have already received some of the items. Go into your account, and go to "my request" and send them a message.

I ordered a few items on December 22nd. A few were in stock, orders were back ordered. I sent them a message about 2 weeks later asking to ship the items that were 'in stock'. Within 2 or 3 days, I received an email saying the items had been shipped, and have received them. 2 of the items are still back ordered, but they aren't items I need right now.

Don't order from Lucky if you need something NOW. But most of us have a large enough stash of things that aren't built yet, that waiting doesn't really effect stuff.

Lucky still has the best prices around on "most" stuff. Dragon for instance is typically cheaper through Sprue Brothers and they're shipping is very fast since they're based in Missouri.

Your experiences seem a rare occurrence.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 05:36 AM UTC
What Gino said. My first order included a PE set that was "available." It took a while to get here. In searching the site, I found the differences of "In Stock" and "Available." Things will also be slowed down if you choose "Ship everythng at one time." Their system sees tnhis as a "Bar tab" to which you'll be adding items. I inadvertantly did that with my most recent order that appeared to be in limbo. When I checked the ship order right away, the items were on the way within hours. Getting from there to here does take close to two weeks, so they're not the folks to go to if you need something yesterday. Hopefully, you have an LHS for that. I'd also prefer buying or ordering through my LHS's, but LM carry some brands no one around here can get. Given many detail sets have free shipping and they've al been for up coming projuects, I've been quite happy with them.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 07:33 AM UTC
I just want to say that I use Luckymodel all the time and will continue to buy from them, but...

Unfortunately, even if you order an item that is in-stock you still might not get it. This happened to me a few times. Their problem is that their inventory is not online.. when someone orders an item.. that item doesn't get deleted automatically.. rather it gets deleted manually when that order is fulfilled. What happened to me is that I ordered an item that was in-stock.. and I kept checking my order status.. and two days later that item status changed to "available". So, someone(or more) had ordered that item before me but the item status didn't change to "available" until those orders were fulfilled.

They just need to do two things... have an online inventory were the item gets deleted once someone orders it. The other thing they need to do is not charge your CC until the order is confirmed (Like Hobbyeasy does)... other than these two issues, their service is always great.

Hisham
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 03:03 PM UTC
My last order showed it was shipped within 12 hours of being placed and arrived today, 10 days later. I always check the status of the order the day after I place it to see if there is an issue. I have an item I ordered that was not in stock. It took almost a year before it came in, by which time I had cancelled the item. It still shows in my account, in stock, on hold.

Question for Raymond. If an item shows available, does that mean it can or will be ordered from a manufacturer, or are items shown that are no longer manufactured?
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 06:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My last order showed it was shipped within 12 hours of being placed and arrived today, 10 days later. I always check the status of the order the day after I place it to see if there is an issue. I have an item I ordered that was not in stock. It took almost a year before it came in, by which time I had cancelled the item. It still shows in my account, in stock, on hold.

Question for Raymond. If an item shows available, does that mean it can or will be ordered from a manufacturer, or are items shown that are no longer manufactured?

If the item show "available" that means the item is open for order, we have e-purchase system to re-route all backorder to all registered supplier for the given brand and item (in 30 mins interval). With the network of the suppliers, we could source it for the customer.

We understand this indication is somehow misleading. However, this is a 7 years old design where LM did not have access to any brand (where only via local distributor).

In the coming 2 months, we will re-route the entire supplier network status (as LM has became quite a certain no. of distributor in HK/China), so the item availabliity is more accurate.

With the smooth upgrade to 64-bits database server, the on-line stock status will be available soon. The new system indicator will show the restocking time for each item. Thus, in the future, for certain brand we no longer accept backorder (as we don't know when we can restock it) and we will provide more accurate restocking date for certain brand where we have direct access to the manufacturer.

Regards
Raymond
LuckyModel.com
sherman-vc
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 254 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 08:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I submitted an order to LM two months ago. Some of the order shipped within two weeks, despite my request to ship all items once order has been completed. Now it's been 1 1/2 months and yet the remainder is still unsent. The remainder seems to be just sitting in limbo, and has been that way for at least a month.
Anyone else had this kind of experience with LM? Does this seem to be an anomaly?

I'm sorry now that I jumped to LM instead of spending a little bit more time researching U.S. suppliers. All my future biz will now be confined to the U.S. Prices just about equal, shipping cheaper and much faster. Most ship within a day, if item in stock. (everything WAS apparently 'In Stock' when I placed my initial order with LM)
IMO, LM rates a 'thumbs down'.

Sorry but I don't know where you are getting your numbers from but shipping rates from the States to Canada are not great and the may in some case may be close to equal but not always.

Below are two example of purchases I made with US Shops over the last 6 months and are the reason I'll be dealing with the On line shops in Asia a lot more. I'll still be checking the US store and if it's a better deal I'll use them.

Example the new Panda Models M-ATV I purchased for the U.S Distrubor for $45.95 shipping was just over $27.00 for a total of 73.20, Could have got the same kit from LM for $58.21 including shipping not even close to equal for me.

Another Example Legends Cal Shot Dalet Conversion I got from One of the US shops with a Real-Time Inventory System Shipped to Canada was $50.89 I could have gotten from LM for 39.99 with free shipping so an extra $10 for real time not worth it for me but maybe for others.

Regards,
Rod
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 - 08:46 PM UTC
I deal with Lucky models all the time as well and usually pay via PayPal and have never had any problems at all receiving my items even one I left on backorder for a few months and then asked for the order to be cancelled and a credit put on my account. Like any company anywhere in the world mistakes can often happen but I for one will continue to shop there.

Cheers
Cliff
tommy1drop
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 131 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 11:12 PM UTC
Never had a problem with LM and will continue to buy from them in the future, i have experienced a delay in some of the items i purchased getting to me but not that long a delay.

I have to say at first i was a little concerned, but after they sent me a reply explaining stock issues and so forth i was more than happy to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have bought from several model kit suppliers from China and the rest of Eastern Asia and have never had any major problems.

Tom
 _GOTOTOP