Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Irene tracker
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 11,669 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 - 07:07 PM UTC
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201109.html

Lord have mercy
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 03:14 PM UTC
It's going to make landfall in Connecticut tomorrow morning between Bridgeport and New Haven. Which means it's making a straight line up the Naugatuck valley and right through my town. A hilly riverside New England town with streets lined with old oaks and everything Norman Rockwell ever portrayed. Tomorrow is going to be a really, really bad day. The authorities have already announced, "Simply put, this will be the worst storm in all history to hit Connecticut."
We have supplies for a week and the truck in 4 wheel with the winch and a chain saw parked in the garage. But I am not looking forward to tomorrow.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 03:37 PM UTC
Stay indoors and be safe. Hopefully you won't need to leave, or rely on the food and tools, but it is always better to be ready. We have a years worth of food saved up in plastic buckets, just for emergencies, and rotate through so we know how to use it, firewood and kerosene saved up as well, plus some ammo. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and everyone else in the path of the storm.
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 11:44 AM UTC
Well, Irene has passed and we are all safe and sound with no damage either, thank God. Most of town is impassable but no one was killed. It may be a few days before the main roads are open, and we have power, so I'm going to do some model building!
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 02:46 PM UTC
Glad to hear you made it through. Looks like your stash will come in handy.