_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Display stand for 1/72 Lancaster MkIII
dillingworth
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 05:13 AM UTC
I'm relatively new to modeling and have done a few 1/72 WWII kits (Spitfire, Hurricane, Bf110). I've now moved on to the 1/72 Revell Lancaster MkIII which is possibly a bit of a leap. I've managed to get the basic kit done though with some slight 'modifications' (i.e. not doing bits which are super fiddly).

The problem I now have is that the kit's almost done but I don't know how to display easily. The bomb doors are open which means the usual hang it from the ceiling option isn't viable. Are there any display stands out there which could be adapted to fit this kit? Don't want to botch the display and damage my many hours work! Thanks in advance
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 08:21 AM UTC
the only thing i can think of is cutting , or using some strong clear plastic, with a cradle, or a hook to place into the fuselage. i was gonna suggest going old school and hanging it from the cieling.
id reccomend going for a company with easier kits next time, maybe try a 48th tamiya kit, you can pick some of them up for £10-12 depending on where you look!
also, try not to avoid fiddly bits, practice makes perfect, and use glue sparingly, and neatly, possible use tweezers or something also! hope that helps
Jessie_C
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 6,965 Posts
KitMaker Network: 609 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 08:22 AM UTC
Why isn't the hang it from the ceiling option viable? All you'd need is three loops of fishing line; one for each wing and one for the tail. Alternatively, Airfix is releasing a box full of their famous stands, one of which was part of their Lancaster kit back in the day.
 _GOTOTOP