_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: IPMS
Topics about IPMS (International Plastic Modeler's Society).
IPMS 2012 National Convention website
Vann
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 22 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 02:20 PM UTC
Hello Fellow Modelers,

I am the convention chairman for the IPMS 2012 National Convention. Our convention is being held at Walt Disney World on August 8-11, 2012. We would like to invite modelers from all over the world to come join us in this event.

I am providing a link to our website so you can make your hotel reservations at this event. Yes you can book your rooms now! The event will be held in Disney's Contemporary Resort and Convention Center. We have a secured a convention rate of $129.00 USD + tax per night for the room rates. I would suggest that if will be flying in that you book a early as this will guarantee that you will be in the convention hotel. We do have several other hotels on site that will serve as our overflow hotels The Polynesian and the Wilderness Lodge. You do have access to the convention hotel from both of these.

Also if you are flying, be sure to take advantage of Disney's free transportation to and from the Airport to the hotel on the Disney's Magical Express.

We have a model room of almost 15,000 sq. ft. and a vendor area of 24,000+ sq. ft.

We will have two tours. Kennedy Space Center and Fantasy of Flight(Worlds largest privately owned plane collection).

We will also have reduced Disney admissions and an afternoon pass to the parks for the modelers. These will be available sometime in January 2012.

One last thing. Yes it will be hot and humid, but inside the convention center it will be nice and air conditioned.

http://ipms2012.org/

Any questions, please contact us through our contact tab on the website.

Thank You,

Mike Van Schoonhoven
 _GOTOTOP