TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
tank games
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 07:58 AM UTC
Having gotten bored with solitare ext. I wanted to check out some war games. I hadSteel Panthers, but wanted a more shoot em up game. So after entering free computer war games, I discovered Kuma games. Free and a ton of games....ranging from playing a great white vs a fur seal to WW2 infantry and tanks and modern stuff. SUPER SITE !!! Games are multiplayer, so you are fighting others not a computer. My friend also found World of Tanks. Haven't played it yet as it is a 2 gig download and I am still waiting (30 % so far). But the screen shots I saw ....wow great looking artwork. Might want to check it out just to copy some of thescreen shots. My favorite on Kuma is Foxhole. Germans vs americans (INF) in the snow. The tank game is Shermans vs Pnzr 4's in the desert.

So if you do gaming this is a good deal
JayShack
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 42 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 12:44 PM UTC
I play World of Tanks and ive gotta say it is frikken awesome! im so hooked on it!
the only gripe i have is that the russian tanks are pretty overpowered compared to the american and german tanks, arguably due to the fact that the game is made by russian designers.
that being said, my main tank is russian so i dont really mind
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 662 Posts
KitMaker Network: 120 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 03:39 PM UTC
blitz 1941 was a game that is free and was a hit until the servers went offline. then i happen to find it again by a new group of people. great game. ranking up gets you new tanks, you can upgrade parts.
game can be found at www.twowar.com if your interested
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2011 - 05:57 AM UTC
Well almost 3 months later. I pretty much quit playing kuma games. Too much games manship not really requiring skill or thought. You set up somewhere and ambush your opponet as he comes back alive I became totally addicted to World of Tanks. You progress upward based on your skills and longevitey (cause I am very mediocre). I am checking out this Blitz 1941 and they have a battleship game too. I know they are developing a WOrld of Battleships game...so as one who loves the big ships....I am juiced
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 662 Posts
KitMaker Network: 120 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2011 - 06:43 AM UTC
the navyfield game they have on twowar.com is pretty fun if your into ships and havent tried it yet
jasmils
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 129 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2011 - 10:38 AM UTC
ARMA II is the way to go. I was so happy with it, a mate and I started our own servers. And is now in the top 5 for Australia ARMA II servers.
Cheap too now. But ARMA III will be out next year, time to upgrade the machine.

Jason
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 05:48 PM UTC
I've played Blitz 1941 a few times and can't say I am all that impressed. To many buttons and things you have to do to run your tank. In World of Tanks I have 4 buttons to left right back and forward and my mouse swiels turret and left button fire...and for close up I scroll.

What I have seen of the graphics it looks like a kids video game... of course I can't seem to get out of training mode It won't let me in the newbie servers for some reason. WOT the graphics are exquisite.

The Ship game is much better graphically but it is a little too fiddely for me too. click mouse on buttons to move the guns left right up down plus steer the ship and fire. Kinda need 3 hands at least. I can't get out of training mode becasue one of the tests is to kill 20 ships in a time frame....I'm up to 12. I'll keep plugging at this one because I think it has great potential once you can get it to the game. The World of Tanks people are working on WOrld of Battleships....so we'll see what they come up with. Probablya lot less complicated